Advice On The Value Of A BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I am wondering what the value and how rare this BJ70 would be.
All comments and thoughts are welcomed here.
So its a 1985 LHD 12v BJ70. The BJ70 is in excellent condition with no rust and some upgrades.
Rig will come with 2 new fenders for a back up and lots of new door seals. Also the rare chrome strips
for the back windows I believe. I think that is what the owner said.
The BJ70 is black.
ARB front bumper with winch.
Suspension lift.
ARB rear locker/ Aussie front locker. Air compressor to air tires back up after wheeling..
5 Brand New 33in BFG KO2's
Suspension seats that have the fabric redone.
13BT/H55f swap. Motor has been resealed with all new gaskets ect.. Only like 2000 miles on that..
New clutch and all everything that goes with a new clutch job..
Evans Coolant
I am being told that there are not to many LHD 70's left. This one also has some very good
sought after upgrades.
I am also being told that its worth double the value of a clean no rusted RHD 70 that has been
upgraded.
Now I have done my homework also. I can't even find a decent LHD BJ70 that is worth my time
to go and look at. Also have not found not even 1 BJ70 that has the awesome 13BT swap done .
Now remember this IS A 12V not 24V.

OK so now lets here what everyone has to say.. After I here some values I will tell everyone
what this seller/trader thinks his rig is worth!!!
Thanks for everyone's comments and thoughts on this question. ALSO don't comment on a VALUE
IF you don't know what you are talking about..
Looking for people that KNOW what they are talking about!! ( BENO, CHRIS S., STEVE J.) ect...
Thanks John

13BT/H55f swap. Motor has been resealed with all new gaskets ect.. Only like 2000 miles on that..
So was the 13BT rebuilt, or was it installed 2000 miles ago? That is a heck of a swap, using the original 12V starter and alternator
certainly improves the truck.
In BC, and in Colorado I've seen two fairly mint condition BJ70's/BJ71's. So I'd throw out $18,000 seems to be
the going requested sale price. Good luck, but basically if that's the truck you want and it's in that good of
condition ( as it seems ) just buy the damn thing.

...... "Looking for people that KNOW what they are talking about!!" .......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that eliminates me I guess. :)

So was the 13BT rebuilt, or was it installed 2000 miles ago? That is a heck of a swap, using the original 12V starter and alternator
certainly improves the truck.
In BC, and in Colorado I've seen two fairly mint condition BJ70's/BJ71's. So I'd throw out $18,000 seems to be
the going requested sale price. Good luck, but basically if that's the truck you want and it's in that good of
condition ( as it seems ) just buy the damn thing.

The 13bt was not totally rebuilt. It was just resealed. Thanks

I paid $17,000 for a canadian 86 bj-70 with 13B-T, cable lockers front and rear done by someone with access to all parts needed and it was his personal rig so he did it right. This was back in 2004? I gave up on it a few years later due to the canadian cancer :-(

So what is it worth now 13 years later?

So where did this truck originate? Canada or one of the recent imports? Don't forget, there are
a few dealers now bringing in LHD trucks so the actually rarity or unique values are changing.

So where did this truck originate? Canada or one of the recent imports? Don't forget, there are
a few dealers now bringing in LHD trucks so the actually rarity or unique values are changing.[/QUOTE

This 70 is originally from Canada. I don't know why people in Canada are making such a big deal of this 70. Telling
him how rare it is and how its worth so much money these days.
He thinks it has this extremely high dollar amount due to seeing one sell at a Barrett Jackson auction sell for a lot of $$$$$.
Now don't forget that it is a 12v and has a excellent power plant under its hood but I don't think its worth what he is telling me.
Now for the amount this seller/trader thinks it is worth.. 38,000
This is why I posted this advice Question after I heard this amount and did some research on current dollar amounts on a BJ70 that
has some mods and extras.

Ouch! The '85 was the one in Canada because it was 12V from the factory and that version
of 3B had better internals that more informed people can provide info on than I can.
I guess, keep looking. Like I said, there are guys down Georgia way importing LHD trucks for
reasonable $$

Of course. Thanks for your time..
I got a 86 good mechanical cond "some rust" with almost 1/2 mill kliks on it. Suspension is pooched won't "safety"until I redo inner r rear wheel tub. $5500 CDN. Now what's it worth with 4:11 gears. Add OLd Man Emu all the way around locker n intercooler turbo with a fresh engine? Who cares drive it till it dies then rebuild it. This one is getting tall narrow tires n wheels. If you want stock that's fine but you'll probably want it custom for you. If you off road lots you can't drive a boulevard cruiser without Mother Nature providing customization and she never pays!

A guy in the Lowe's parking lot offered me $1,000 for mine a few weeks ago.
I simply laughed and said "I'll take $20,000." They have value when in good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom