Adventure Summit Uwharrie - October 2 to 4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@GregFrench I really appreciate the feedback. Cleaning up the site right now. I will post back when you can order. We are adjusting a few prices and making the site more concise. Ready for the whole club to sign up. I also have a discount code I can share. If the whole club signed up, we would more than likely get some really good camping spots - ;<)

@GregFrench website updated. The best deal is the premium camping by far. Hit me on PM and I will get you the discount code. I did my best to simplify the site. Please tell all your friends. What is different about this versus other events is everyone gets raffle tcikets and can win prizes. We are giving away 2 sets of BFG tires up to 37 inches as BFG is the title sponsor. Many more prizes will be added and you can purchase additonal raffle tickets if you want. There will be something for everyone to do and you can bring any vehicle you want. Lots of subbie folks and van life folks and mountain bikers and kayakers. It's our first shot at an event and we have a agreement to do this for 3 more years. Also, any ideas or feedback are greatly appreciated as we are in complete learn mode. Have a great Sunday! 72 degrees out. Wow!

Thanks! It sounds like you are having trouble getting people to register?
I still have questions- Maybe these can give you an idea of what people might be confused about and be cleared up on your site as well to get you more business.

-Does the camping pass cover Thursday night? I see there are trail rides and events starting Friday at 8am. I was planning on coming in Thursday night to get the full amount of time on the trails.

-What is the actual event? It says "something for everyone" but is advertised mostly as a vendor showcase. When you click on "The Event" it takes you to where to buy passes. Maybe that should direct you to a different page with a detailed description of what to expect including the trail rides and the competition events. The only description on what is actually happening is in the "Daily Schedule" page (which is hidden under "More") and that doesn't really dive descriptions

-You have listed "Adventure Summit Challenge Competition Hours" from 8am-4pm on the schedule but I can't seem to find what that actually is. It sounds fun, but it would be nice to have a description of what this competition actually is.

- You also have "Organized Trail Rides" listed for those same times. Is that on the Uwharri trails or will that be on OEX's land. The only reason I know about OEX's trails is because I have taken a class with them and know the names of the trails on their property. I think many people might not even know what OEX is. I didn't before attending one of their classes. Are they a partner in this? If so, it might be a good idea to list that since they have such a good reputation.

- What is the "Educational Seminar" listed from 12-3? Is that an OEX class? What will we be learning?

I hope this help clear up some of the questions people might be having. Money is tight for people right now. I think they want to know EXACTLY what they will be getting before spending.

I'm interested in at least checking the event out to learn what the vendors have to offer and I'm always up for a camping trip, but the website functionality isn't great and there seems to be a lot of info missing that would factor into people's decision to attend or not.

In addition to the items the @GregFrench mentioned.......1) No matter what type of "pass" I attempt to buy, they all take me to the "Premium Camping Pass - 2 People" page....are all other passes sold out? 2) Have the "competitions" been determined yet? Where is the sign-up? That info alone could be a determining factor as to whether I decide to stay on site for the weekend or just pop in for the day. 3) Do you have the specific food vendors locked in enough to list them so people can determine if they'll have access to what they need/want? 4) In the FAQs, can you provide clarity to the bathroom facility situation and drinking water availability (not marked on the map)? I would assume it's being taken care of, but I've also learned to never assume. By potentially attracting people from all experience levels some may not show up prepared to be as self sufficient as others if need be. You'd hate to unintentionally create a negative experience for a newbie that deters them from ever participating in the community in the future.

I'm not trying to bag on your efforts; I think it has a lot of potential and hope it goes well...but...my background is in operational planning and my wife's previous career was in marketing. I've seen my fair share of promising events not be successful due to poor communication of information and/or inexperienced planners not covering all the bases.

GregFrench hit on a lot of the points. I will say the website is much much clearer than when I looked at it back in June. Before I don't even remember being able to see a schedule.

I plan on at least getting a VIP Day Pass for Saturday. I know it's difficult, but having the main event be Friday/Saturday requires taking at least a day off of work, which is tough for a lot of people especially if they were planning on taking a day or two off for Logan's run just a couple weeks prior. If it were Saturday/Sunday with vendors packing up Sunday night/Monday I would be more eager to buy a full weekend pass.

An event that I've been to, and know what kind of crowd I'll be around also makes me less hesitant to pull the trigger on taking time off and investing a bit more with camping. I know it's not fair to you, but my hope is that I'll come out for the day, realize that I missed out not taking Friday off and camping and then I'll be eager to do that extra investment the following year. That's what happened with my first Logan's run last year. I got there on Saturday and very quickly realized I should have taken Thursday and Friday off (which I did this year in anticipation). I added the last bit because I don't want you to be discouraged about it, I'm excited and am looking forward to it and hope it'll become an annual event.

Going to buy my VIP day pass now.

Thank you everyone so much. I have a discount code and I will buy you a beverage and I am working on some t shirts and stickers for your feedback. We have a commitment from the land owners for 3 years and want to continuously improve.'

@GregFrench Thursday night is not included. Cleaning up wording and schedule now. There are places to camp on Thursday however we did not reserve for the event. I have seen vendor show mentioned a couple of times. That is really just a small part of the weekend. Most are scared to commit because of covid. They are supplying the give aways that we will be doing at the event.

@FJ Noob Thank you. I just checked and if you scroll down you can buy any pass you want. The sign up today was intentionally set to take you to the Premium pass, That is the one we have sold the most of so far. I will update FAQ on water / bathroom and the other items you mentioned.

@CUSailor Thank you. WIll send the discount code to your DM. Please let me know if you can't access that exact event.

I really appreciate all this. Keep the ideas flowing. We want to make a sustainable event based on having fun and learning new things. Feedback is always welcome.

Just bought the weekend camping pass. Looking forward to it- whatever "it" ends up being!
Now that Logan's Run is cancelled, this may be the one.
I'll be looking for the updated website with more information

What is the bathroom/shower/electricity situation at the camping area?
And is there any new description of the "ASC Competition?"
Do you have any more info on the educational seminar? Is this OEX?
Which trails are the organized trail rides- Uwharri or OEX land? Or both?
I checked the website and don't see any of this mentioned yet.

Also- I have managed to get a few people signed up for this and we would all like to set up in the same location but we are all coming in at different times from different areas (I even got one coming in from PA!) How strict will you be on the "Plan to all arrive together and we will do our best to accommodate" rule- because that would be difficult.

Thanks! We are really looking forward to this event.

Team ONSC,

Adventure Summit update. We really want the whole club out there. Based on current numbers the club would have a really good camping spot right where all the action is. The team is tightening up the website this weekend. With all the events that are cancelled across the country, this would be a great event to get the club toigether and possibly when some big prizes. Also, for you bikers, there is mountain bike race there on Saturday. I would race it, however I will be busy. Thanks everyone for the support. Year 1 is always the hardest and covid is helping nothing. Luckily this event will continue for 2 to 3 after this. Also, we may need some trail leaders if anyone is interested. Thanks again. Hit me up for the discount code. Have the best weekend!

Answers

1. Primitive camping - generators allowed - off from 10 pm to 7 am. The exact location of the porta potties have not been identified. There will be many,
2. Adventure summit competition was early concept. That will not happen this year. We are adding the 24 Hours of Uwharrie in December. The 36 hour race on steriods. Designed by myself and Jeff. More physical, like a spartan race with a truck involved. I would start working out now. ;<)
3. Full class and event schedule coming out any minute. I will post here and on the website.
4. All training will be at the Adventure Summit headquarters across from the El Dorado outpost. Music and fodd trucks too.
5. All trail rides this year will be in Uwharrie National forest. Still looking for trail leaders. Green, blue, dark blue, crazy stuff.
6. You can camp together. Spots are first come first served for initial launch year. The challenge is there is no way to gurantee this as the camp area is self monitored.
7. There is a 26 and 38 mile mountain race on Saturday and gravel ride on Sunday. - Mountain Bike, Gravel and Running Races | Trans-Sylvania Productions - I am asking for additonal details as the sign up sheet disapeared. I am not racing as I will be working the whole time. MTB - Wood Run MTB Race @ Uwharrie Online Registration, Gravel - Kings Mountain Gravel Grinder @Uwharrie National Forest Online Registration, Dutchman's Creek Run - Dutchman's Creek Trail Run Online Registration

Last edited:
I'm considering this still. Not sure how my schedule is going to work out. What's the registration cutoff?

@jamesurq - for you never! JUst kidding! I will find out. Plus there will be day passes if you show up Saturday.

Schedule

C152BC09-1DE8-438B-9F61-606A643F9250.jpeg

EC4A695B-59AC-4425-BBD1-5EEB878733FD.jpeg

Last edited:
ASU Update
We are up to 70 people. We need volunteers for trail leaders and other activities. We are offering very reasonable (highlly discounted rates) for anyone that volunteers. We will still need you to register and I can give the volunteer code.

Also, we would like the club out there. Any ideas on how to make that happen? ;<) We will absolutely make sure the club is together.

And Thursday night camping is now allowed. We will probably be there Wednesday night to get set up.

Last edited:
when does registration end? we can't commit to the full weekend but would be down for a day.

when does registration end? we can't commit to the full weekend but would be down for a day.
Understood. September 30th. Day passes are available.

Still need volunteers and trail leaders. Would prefer Toyotas/Land Cruisers leading. ;<)

Significant discounts available. Hit me on PM. 75 people now signed up. All camping and music right across from Eldorado outpost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom