Advance Adapters R1FA to R150f clearance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1985 4Runner. 1UZ swap. Advance Adapters RF1A case to R150f adapter. The transfer case shift rail hits the tailshaft housing - see photos. Has anyone run into this issue? Can I just notch that section out to clear the transfer case shift rail?

20220726_213530.jpg

20220726_213653.jpg

Is the rail not going into the relief or it not lined up with the relief? Or it it too long?
Seems strange the rail looks perfectly centered in the adapter, do those holes not line up?

Is the rail not going into the relief or it not lined up with the relief? Or it it too long?
Seems strange the rail looks perfectly centered in the adapter, do those holes not line up?
The rail does not line up with the relief. It is hitting on the sealing surface ridge I have circled in red.

Either way. The first mc adapter i bought had machining issues in the rail area. It wasn't lined up properly and bound the rail when assembled.

Whats doez the plate look like against the trans?

Also it looks like you have a 21(or maybe a TQ 23)spline input in that tcase. Probably not the best idea behind the v8.

Last edited:
Either way. The first mc adapter i bought had machining issues in the rail area. It wasn't lined up properly and bound the rail when assembled.

Whats doez the plate look like against the trans?

Also it looks like you have a 21(or maybe a TQ 23)spline input in that tcase. Probably not the best idea behind the v8.
It lines up well against the transmission, all the bolt holes line up. Just both rails interfere with that sealing surface in the photo. That is why I was wondering if I could cut that down without any ill consequences, vs cutting the shift rails (Al is easier to cut than steel). It is a 21 spine input. I will call AA when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom