Adding more Aux lights--where? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The thing is I really like light. Before installing more I want to get a much larger battery--need to investigate that. If I was in the U.S. I would go to West Marine or Costco and buy a dual purpose boating deep cyle and starting battery. Some day I will add a combiner and a second battery but that is a ways off.... Help me figure out where to add the following lights:

Currently I have qty 2 lightforce 240's as in the picture. I also have two more 240's at my Parents but they are a ways to the North and I won't make up until November. They put out a ton of light and you can snap different color filters on them as well as foucs them like a maglight--they have a 100 watt bulb.

Currently I also have 2 IPF 630 gold fog lights 4.5" with a 55w bulb supposedly equal to 85W. I also run the HIR's in both high and low beam.

At some point I want to add lots of light to the back along with a spare tire carrier. I have thought of adding some lights to the front where the winch would go but I think they would get submerged in water crossings in the local jungle/mountains.

To Add:
2 Catz clear 85w=130w driving w/ 33 degree beam 5.5"
2 Catz yellow 85w=130W fog w/90 degree beam 5.5"
1 IPF 960 Super Rally 110W 7"
After December 2 lightforce 240's 9"+
PICT0378.JPG
PICT0380.JPG

Get a roof rack and throw them up top.

Sounds like you are running out of space to mount them, unless you want to put them up on the roof as suggested by RV80.

Do you want light for driving outback (long distance) or immediate surrondings, or (probably) both?

Mot

mot said:
Sounds like you are running out of space to mount them, unless you want to put them up on the roof as suggested by RV80.

Do you want light for driving outback (long distance) or immediate surrondings, or (probably) both?

Mot

Mot--you hit the nail on the head I want them for both driving outback (long distance) and immediate surrondings. Currently I have my lightforce 240's wired into my high beams and my IPF RV's wired into my low beams. I would put them on top except I have about 1" of clearence above my factory roof rack--even if I removed the factory rack I'm pretty sure the lights would smash the garage. (el garage) Another idea is to fab up a mount that attaches where the IPF are now and running 3 catz on the inside with an IPF on either side....

:idea: Maybe I should get the metal in my garage rewelded---a safari rack would be sweet :cool:

Nice. I'm in mid-wiring for my Lightforce 240s :D
Those puppies are HUGE.

Unless you get a rack...it looks like you're pretty much out of space on the ARB. You could move your antenna mount and use the 2 tabs on top.

Get a big hole saw, drill holes in the ARB, then get some tubing the same size, weld the tubing to the ARB, and then mount the lights inside the tubing.

I think I remember someone from this forum that had posted his 80 with the Lightforce 240 mounted "on top of" his ARB which someone said that was illegal in his state.

I guess if you went this route you would have plenty of space to mount lights, but you would look hideous. ;)

Good luck!

Mot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom