Adding an 80 to the garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my 4th Cruiser in about a year. I bought the 60 (brown turd-rustbucket) and ended up parting it out and using pieces to get a non running 62 going.

After many mods, I traded the 62 for a 40. I'm in the process of painting the 40 and getting it looking nice and decided that we really need a nice wagon for camping with the family and mild wheeling (for now)

You guys weren't kidding when you said this is addictive!!

I'm picking it up this Friday
2013195148.193292778.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

First things first: Get rid of the plastic cart pusher and the step rails which brings me to my first 80 question:

If I take them off, does it leave holes in the bottom of the door panels?

Nice stock-looking rig!

Let the mods begin!!

Congrats!!!

Mot

Thanks- the inside is absolutely PERFECT and the outside is damn close.
No dents or scratches anywhere- It does have some oxidation starting to happen on the back of the hood. Right where the windshield meets. You can kind of see it in the pic above.

When I'm ready, I'll just take the hood off and have it painted to match.

3eYbSBhVD7LLPJGeADyVYnccrK57.jpg

7y79UWKippaOArEkLu9b0A1Ajqg5.jpg

8jhpQqK2UEdmrF5j44TedqKmmh41.jpg

LOOKS GOOD. Take the running boards off, but be careful you remove the black cups from the plastic fender flares first. I only suggest that from a previous experience I had....:crybaby:

xrock said:
It does have some oxidation starting to happen on the back of the hood. Right where the windshield meets. You can kind of see it in the pic above.

If it were mine, I would use this opportunity to paint the whole truck some pleasing color like WHITE, instead of that sickly green. (What was Mr Toyoda thinking???)

:flipoff2:

-B-

Nemo said:
LOOKS GOOD. Take the running boards off, but be careful you remove the black cups from the plastic fender flares first. I only suggest that from a previous experience I had....:crybaby:

What problems did you have? They aren't connected in any way. Hell, my running boards were bent up into the rubber caps on the flares w/o any damage to the flare caps prior to removal. The running boards are just held on with three nuts/bolts under the truck. Five minute job per side, unless of course the cats are still hot on the PS, then I'd recommend waiting a few more minutes. :flipoff2:

Looks good. Man I love the cloth interior. The cloth just holds up so much better than the leather. Nice find especially if it has lockers :D

mooker82 said:
Looks good. Man I love the cloth interior. The cloth just holds up so much better than the leather. Nice find especially if it has lockers :D

You obviously haven't seen my leather seats. hehehe:cool:

You've got PM

Nice 80. I second on the cloth, it holds up much better and is more comfortable than old cracked leather :flipoff2:

Plus- here in Phoenix where it gets to be 120 in the summer, I don't think leather would feel too nice on the legs. :D

Youve got more PM

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom