Add Heated Steering Wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump. It doesn't look like it.

I also have read that it only heats the lower leather portion of the wheel. The upper half that is all wood doesn't heat up.

Still, would love to retrofit if possible.
It has been done (see my post above). I just wish there was a little more detail provided. This is what the owner shared: SOLD - 2010 LX570 / 200 Series - Golden, CO - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2010-lx570-200-series-golden-co.1320119/post-15185714

I'm thinking of exploring it, as I've been really wishing I had one these past few days.

Last edited:
My ‘13 came with it. I didn’t realize it wasn’t on the ‘08-‘11 models. Not gonna lie, it heats up quick and I use it daily. Be advised it does not heat up the wood portion, just the plastic lower half of the wheel.

This is annoying. My Chevy Bolt heats the whole wheel but my 2018 LX heats from like 2-4 o'clock and 8-10 o'clock, which is not normally where I would have my hands. I usually have them above that.

It has been done (see my post above). I just wish there was a little more detail provided. This is what the owner shared: SOLD - 2010 LX570 / 200 Series - Golden, CO - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2010-lx570-200-series-golden-co.1320119/post-15185714

I'm thinking of exploring it, as I've been really wishing I had one these past few days.
The owner highlighted it was straight forward but required a knowledge of wiring diagrams between 08-11 and 13-15 to get the clockspring/switch to work.

The owner highlighted it was straight forward but required a knowledge of wiring diagrams between 08-11 and 13-15 to get the clockspring/switch to work.
One other thing I'm curious about is the switch bank where the heated switch is located is one piece (i.e. each switch is not separate) with one wiring plug coming in. I'm not sure you'll be able to get the clock spring, switch bank, and wheel installed and have it all "just work". And if it did, what would happen to the 120v power switch?

Wiring diagrams would be helpful. Can anyone share wiring diagrams for the heated steering wheel system?

Thanks for this. That seems much more doable, though not as elegant as the factory switch.
Agreed, a better option might be to find another blank switch area and use an oem looking switch, there are many custom options out there for lights, etc. Some trucks don’t have the 115v switch so they might be able to adapt the factory switch. Alternately if you find the switch below (not a lx570) you could relocate the ac 115v button and rep in the harness to use the 13-15 multi-switch with the steering wheel heater button. Finally, if you don’t use the 115v outlet, I’d consider taking the hit and dropping it (resin the harness) for the steering wheel heater. If someone has a 13-15, where is your ac 120v button located?

IMG_3742.jpeg

I’d love to buy a wiring harness if anyone sold them, i don’t want to light my lx on fire while experimenting.

Last edited:
Agreed, a better option might be to find another blank switch area and use an oem looking switch, there are many custom options out there for lights, etc. Some trucks don’t have the 115v switch so they might be able to adapt the factory switch. Alternately if you find the switch below (not a lx570) you could relocate the ac 115v button and rep in the harness to use the 13-15 multi-switch with the steering wheel heater button. Finally, if you don’t use the 115v outlet, I’d consider taking the hit and dropping it (resin the harness) for the steering wheel heater. If someone has a 13-15, where is your ac 120v button located?

View attachment 3572057

I’d love to buy a wiring harness if anyone sold them, i don’t want to light my lx on fire while experimenting.
13+ doesn't have a switch to shut off the inverter, it's on all the time with the ignition.

13+ doesn't have a switch to shut off the inverter, it's on all the time with the ignition.
That’s even better then, I’d assume those wires for the outlet could be spliced to “ignition on” and the harness for the heated wheel could be re-pinned do the factory connector to use the 13-15 multi-switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom