Adaptive curve triple beam headlights ‘16+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AnyMal

no quema cuh
Threads
So this is suppesedly a feature, one I used to love in my BMs.

But I swear my headlights do not move around curves as theyre supposed to. Not noticable to me anyway or when tested while stationary.

Can anyone help me figure out how to verify this? Or if its indeed a feature?

Im very confused. Thanks.

The headline feature for 2016 was the new LED headlight. They got rid of the AFS function that came in the earlier model years. I agree it's a pretty cool feature to see it steer around corners. Possibly obsolete with the wider patten LEDs which I think are multi-element?

The headline feature for 2016 was the new LED headlight. They got rid of the AFS function that came in the earlier model years. I agree it's a pretty cool feature to see it steer around corners. Possibly obsolete with the wider patten LEDs which I think are multi-element?

Of course you knew that. Walking LX encyclopedia… lol

And another L for me, but this one stings. I have no lack of light at all, but its a cool feature nonetheless.

Works on my 2013 LX. There's a button called "AFS Off". Perhaps obvious, but make sure it's not pressed. I like the feature (first car that I've owned with it).

Its a dope feature.

Then new ones will even split high beams around oncoming traffic. Look it up on youtube.

Just out of curiosity, do the LX headlights center when stopped regardless of steering angle? I've found this annoying on other vehicles when say stopping at a right-hand turn.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, to the LX headlights center when stopped regardless of steering angle? I've found this annoying on other vehicles when say stopping at a right-hand turn.

Yes. The AFS function is only active above maybe 5mph

Splitting high beams is only available on non-US models for LX600. What a shame

Just like the sweeping turn signals on the rear. Which we cant retrofit because its a actually a strip instead of individual LEDs like foreign ones get.

Weird choices i guess ill never understand. I know it used to not be DOT approved, until ford did it in the mustang a decade or two ago when the big redesign came.

Weird choices i guess ill never understand. I know it used to not be DOT approved, until ford did it in the mustang a decade or two ago when the big redesign came.
I’m not sure how you ”know” that but Ford came out with sequential turn signals in the 1960s on the T-bird, Cougar and versions of the Mustang including the Shelby series

I’m not sure how you ”know” that but Ford came out with sequential turn signals in the 1960s on the T-bird, Cougar and versions of the Mustang including the Shelby series

Oops, sorry, im too young for that.
Pics or it didnt happen doe.

The 1960s originals were quite clever. There was a motor with three cams lobes on a shaft. As the shaft spun it closed contacts for the three bulbs in sequence. Very analog.

As far as DOT, as long as it doesn't strobe it should be good. Turns can be amber or red. Parking/brake or combos red only.

To go back to the headlights, US DOT is very slow to adopt lighting technology. That a camera can direct specific LEDs to both maximize forward illumination and minimize glare to oncoming traffic is something we should readily embrace not restrict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom