Across The Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Obligatory grainy sunset shot, and the adventures continue.

IMG_1924.JPG

a few items of interest along the shoreline. What went on here I wonder? Not much remains, but the outline of a structure is definite.

IMG_1944.JPG

and this artifact, undisturbed for untold eons. Amazing.

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

Super secret north shore of Superior camp. ...well not really but a long ways from the beaten track. A nice hidey hole around the corner of this big ol rock.

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

Getting off the beach did pose a challenge. Imagine trying to drive up a pile of marbles.

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

Extra large 6 cyl block lying on its side... I couldn't find any identifying markings.

IMG_1972.JPG

Maybe 8ft long.

IMG_1976.JPG

But wait, there's more... From this end it appears that two crankshafts bolt together. Note the damage to rear of block. Hard to get an idea of scale from pics, this stuff is big.

IMG_1975.JPG

Probably supposed to be more in there, perhaps individual cylinders/liners would bolt on/recess into each hole? Easy 10'' diameter maybe more.

From here a detour north to Geraldton through the woods for a visit.

IMG_1988.JPG

A pulp mill and dust again. Eyes peeled for log trucks.

IMG_1996.JPG

Another dandy camp on the way north. Note the beginnings of autumn colour in the trees.

IMG_2006.JPG

One soggy camp and many miles later I find myself again on the shores of Lake Superior, the eastern edge this time.

IMG_2016.JPG

The lake sings it song with feeling this evening.

IMG_2026.JPG

Onward.

Hey, so where are you at now? Winter plans?

Back out west now. Plans include enhancing the woodpile as much as possible. I'm sure some tinkering will occur on Hilux and a couple projects involving friend's vehicles. Tradeschool in the new year.

But first,

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

Tamarack west of Thunder Bay.

IMG_2167.JPG

The return journey was a mind-numbing highway thrash across one big ol' country. The time had come to make some miles.

You’ve got a good eye with a camera. nice pics. Glad it all went well.
Where will school be? Red Deer or Calgary?

That's quite the adventure. Definitely like to see adventures and stories from others.

So awesome, great shots buddy!
Thanks for taking us along.

That old engine is sweet. Love that big blocky crank!
Definitely individual heads and liners per hole, pretty standard on the big stuff. Heres one that didnt like the installed piston and liner and smashed it all to pieces.

20140218_180335.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom