Accessory windshield mounts?

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by Pskhaat, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

I have a # of things that I have mounted randomly through the cab. My Ham radio head, GPS, etc. These things are small and lightweight. I'm trying to find a mounting unit that attached to the windshield for these things, but I'm only finding large, vendor specific, gangly suction cup mounts that I can't do much with. There's got to be better ones. Suggestions? Links?

2. DieselROCKS

DieselROCKS

Hang'em all with bungee cords.......you need your coordinates, yank the gps down, get the reading, let go :D

3. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

:) I know it's asking for some :princess: comments, but it's the Ham radio primarily that I want to mount there. I refuse to drill into anything or use sticky stuff on any plastic, but am willing to sacrifice the windshield with adhesive.

4. stevezero

stevezero SILVER Star

Why not fab a mount using the inside visor mounts? The ones that have the lil hook that the visor clips into? Long enough screws and you can still use your visor clips.

5. esh

esh

Media:
    Albums:
    RAM Mounts-

http://www.gpscity.com/rammounts.htm

They have a few suction-based mounts but are usually matched to a specific device.

Look through the different types of mounts they have and you might get additional ideas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.