AC system parts and replacement of AC evap and air box assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80's AC has never worked in the 11 years I've owned it. Had rare bursts of inspiration to fix it. I replaced the high-temp AC cutout thermoswitch a while back but haven't got a replacement for the compressor or the condenser. I do have a brand new old stock Aussie made (yep!) evaporator assy though that I acquired about 8 yrs ago.

Part of the reason I've never got to fixing the AC is that I have to remove the entire dash to replace the AC evaporator unit and the airbox unit (which has a defective damper somewhere inside) also needs replacing. I've got a used good one of those waiting...

Can anyone confirm the part number for the r134a compatible condenser and is it the same for both LHD and RHD builds? My 80 has single 'dealer option' AC system which I think must have been because the vehicle was ex-Telstra (Australian telco). It's slightly different to the other AC setup called single 'maker option' in some parts.

Is is possible to get new genuine heater cores btw as the spare air box assy I got has one but not a new one obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom