AC not working. needs help to solve it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the Ac in my LC 100 is not working. when you press the ac switch on the compressor starts and stops within 3 seconds and the ac switch light starts blinking and the recir light switches automatically to the inlet side.

i have check the following, all temperature sensors, thermostart, magnetic clutch on the compressor applying 12vdc and they are ok. changed the compressor and still the same problem.

yesterday, i noticed that when i turn on the fan and the recir/inlet switch will be in inlet on position, i sometimes get air blowing out of the two outside air vent at the left and right rear side of the vehicle just besides the window.

please your contribution to help me solve this problem is highly appreciated.

thanks

Not sure what year or model you have. If you have the non-navigation model, you can get the HVAC trouble codes as follows by reading a pattern of blinking lights.
AC-diag-1.jpg
AC-Diag-2.jpg

........ when you press the ac switch on the compressor starts and stops within 3 seconds and the ac switch light starts blinking
I would guess that the aircon is short of gas and the low pressure side drops when the compressor cuts in then goes into low pressure fault.

Re_guderian,

1999 model V8 100 series for my LC

thanks for the reply. i have done exactly as said and this is the result i got. the Rear fan switch and fan speed switch position 2( after lo) are blinking. (see pic AC diag result.jpg)

secondly, i noticed that when i switch on the fan only i get air blowing out of the rear vent of the vehicle. ( i have not taken notice of this since i bought it 2 yrs ago. then ac is working.) see pic rear outside vent and rear outside vent setting when i get the air blowing out of the vent.
is this condition normal or it could also be part of my problem.

more contribution really appreciated to enable me solve this problem as i have realyy spent a lot of money without result.

thanks
Ac diag result.jpg
Rear outside vent.jpg
rear outside vent setting.jpg

I would guess that the aircon is short of gas and the low pressure side drops when the compressor cuts in then goes into low pressure fault.
The Aircon tech man also suggest that the Gas is low, we evacuated the gas and refilled with it twice before i conclude it has nothing to do with Gas. we also check the pressure switch and it was confirmed ok.

chukstel,

here's what I have scanned in. There is one additional page from the Factory Service Manual (FSM) which tells whether the fan speed you see blinking is M1 or M2 I'm going to have to get tonight. But I'm not sure that this totally explains why your compressor shuts off either.

I "think" what you're seeing is the last one, the "Air inlet damper position sensor circuit" error, labelled RrDef/M2.
AC-DTC-1.jpg
AC-DTC-2.jpg

Re_guderian,

secondly, i noticed that when i switch on the fan only i get air blowing out of the rear vent of the vehicle. ( i have not taken notice of this since i bought it 2 yrs ago. then ac is working.) see pic rear outside vent and rear outside vent setting when i get the air blowing out of the vent.
is this condition normal or it could also be part of my problem.

Air will blow out of the rear vents if the circulate/ventilate switch is set to ventilate pulling in fresh air. The other circulate setting only cools the air inside and no air would blow out of those back vents.

Re_guderian,

I have this pic you sent to me. its M1 posiiton and Rear Fan switch that is on (look at my pic again) it is not the RfDEF switch light that is on.

The Page does not talk about the Rear Fan Switch at all.

Re_guderian,

I have this pic you sent to me. its M1 posiiton and Rear Fan switch that is on (look at my pic again) it is not the RfDEF switch light that is on.

The Page does not talk about the Rear Fan Switch at all.

Mine does the same, I think it's because there wasn't a provision in the FSM for the rear air. Anyway, I scanned all 50 pgs of the FSM regarding AC diagnostics into a pdf. Send me a private message (PM) with your e-mail and I'll send it to you. It's about 40MB zipped. Somewhere along the chain of ownership of my FSM, somebody cut out all the pages. It's a pain to keep stored neatly, but easy to scan. :grinpimp:

AC not working, needs help to solve it

Hi all, I have finally gotten the AC working. I bought another compressor and change the condenser. now the front vent bring out cool air-working normal.

the problem i still have is that the rear is still blowing warm air even when the temperature setting is on Hi and cool. my ac tech guy says i change the rear Expansion valve with magnetic valve inside the rear cooling unit to normal expansion valve same type like one in front.

Please do you thing this will make the rear cool very well and will not cause any problem to the Ac system? advice is needed.

hi all, my ac is now working ok. things changed are compressor, condenser, and rear valve and its working alright now. all thanks for your support.

Glad to hear you got it running.

Did they replace the rear valve with a different type ?

Glad to hear you got it running.

Did they replace the rear valve with a different type ?
yes. the guys are sharp. they used the same type in the front without the voltage connection. they say thats what they nornally do when they get such fault.

we diagnose the AC system with Toyota intelligent tester II when i got this fault and it did not detect any component faulty.

Sorry to bump an old post, but anyone with an early cruiser FSM with a DI section. Got a 99 (manual controls for the climate control), and have done the diagnostic test, but need to find out what they are.

The symptoms are that the blower fan is intermittently on or off. Even in manual mode. It will go to the different speeds, but then just shut off and randomly start again later. Looked for bad connections, but haven't found any yet. So, we did the trouble code test.

The code is:

Rear fan blinks constantly.

Then these repeat:
Recirc, fan power x2, fan directional at the head, fan power hi.

If anyone can quickly look up that code, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom