AC compressor not working and switch blinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all in house, please i need help solving this.

My ac has stop working. when the ac switch is pressed on, the magneic clutch engaged the compressor for some seconds and disconnect.

Refrigerant level is ok as confirmed by the ac guy using guage. I have done the ac diagnostic check and found the RfDEF (Rear window defogger switch light) and the REAR FAN (Rear fan switch lights) both on.

Can anyone help with what this means as the manual i have don have the AC section complete.

Please the picture. Thanks

IMAG0353.jpg

First, check the relay (in the relay box by the fuse box).

Mine did this occasionally for a few months before my compressor seized up. The switch would blink, then go out - if I pressed it again a few times, the a/c would be fine.

Does the compressor actually turn? Or does the clutch engage but slip? Does the compressor turn freely? (easy to check if you remove the serpentine belt and engage a/c).

Is that a right-hand drive LC? Cool how they just mirror everything R to L :lol:

its a left hand lc. I used my phone front cam to snapshot it. Back cam not working clear.

Update: both ac valve has been changed to new one, evaporators checked and system re-gassed. All relays, fuses ok. Check gas sensor switch pins 1 & 2 reads continuity. No leak in the pipes.

I connect the magnetic clutch via external relay to battery and the compressor works. The hot line to the comdenser near the radiator is hot the way it used to when the ac is functioning but ac not cooling now. Only warm air foming out.

We also disconnect the magnetic clutch and every cable connecting the rear ac system, then press the ac button, it still blinks after few seconds.

its a left hand lc. I used my phone front cam to snapshot it. Back cam not working clear.

Update: both ac valve has been changed to new one, evaporators checked and system re-gassed. All relays, fuses ok. Check gas sensor switch pins 1 & 2 reads continuity. No leak in the pipes.

I connect the magnetic clutch via external relay to battery and the compressor works. The hot line to the comdenser near the radiator is hot the way it used to when the ac is functioning but ac not cooling now. Only warm air foming out.

We also disconnect the magnetic clutch and every cable connecting the rear ac system, then press the ac button, it still blinks after few seconds.
I know it's been a while, but did you ever solve your problem? How?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom