ABS Trouble Code 64 ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

It's an '03 UZJ100

Symptoms:
  • ABS, VSC TRAC & VSC OFF lights on the dashboard are on.
  • None of the three brake lights work (it's not the bulbs)
  • Shifter will not go out of P
I shorted terminals E1 and Tc as per other thread's instructions and got the following Trouble Codes:

• ABS - 64
  • VSC TRAC - 43
and the following information came out on the Diagnosis Screen highlighted in red: CD-CH2: NCON

Now, code 43 is "Malfunction ABS Control System", but I can't seem to find what CODE 64 is.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also any pointers on how to test/solve the actual issue as I'm "electrically-impaired" :D

I think I've narrowed it to a faulty brake pedal relay as this would cause no signal to the brake lights and (I think?) no signal to the transmission that the brake pedal is being pressed so that would be the reason I for the tranny not (automatically) unlocking the shifter out of P
(I order to put the shifter in D, I have to manually unlock it with the button under the plastic tab to the left of the shifter).

If this is so, any pointers on how to change this? I took a look under there and am not really familiar with what I saw (It's a blue relay).

The truck drives normally otherwise except for the ABS not working.

Thanks for your input!

Bad stop light switch, it goes onto the back of the brake pedal and tells everything else that you are pressing the brakes.
They are usually like $20 and about 10min to replace.

Bad stop light switch, it goes onto the back of the brake pedal and tells everything else that you are pressing the brakes.
They are usually like $20 and about 10min to replace.
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom