ABS/BRAKE/ALL 3 VSC lights on. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched the forums all night and couldn't find a good answer.

I just had my Dobinsons lift and air bag delete installed. When I picked it up all these lights were on. I've pulled 4 fuses to get the AHC lights off but can't seem to find the answer on how to get these lights off.

EBrake works. Downhill assist button doesn't and RBSC off button doesn't.

Grounded my tmps wire to get that light off also.

Any ideas? They weren't on before the lift was installed.

20210401_184850.jpg

Pretty sure I successfully did it bc my tpms light that I have grounded came back on and I had to to go and reground it to knock it back off....still no go. Still have all 5 lights constantly lit up

I took it on some of my land and made sure the 4x4 LO and diff lock worked. Both did,. So it was cycled

The wires to the front abs sensors can get stretched and damaged during the install of front coil overs if the installer isn’t careful.

Maybe there’s a way with tech stream or with a code reader to figure out what code is being thrown.

The wires to the front abs sensors can get stretched and damaged during the install of front coil overs if the installer isn’t careful.

Maybe there’s a way with tech stream or with a code reader to figure out what code is being thrown.

Yeah I'm going to have to take it to someone with tech stream it looks like.

Don't panic!

I got this. This occurs when your O2 sensor gets messed up. When I go to a carwash and spray under my GX these lights go on because the O2 sensor is changing temp so fast. Just get an ODB2 tool and clear the codes. I have done this 3 times on my vehicle. It dosent come on again (well, until the next wash).

It is very odd but for some reason an O2 sensor fault shuts down all the 4 wheel drive stuff. Actually, I think the locker and such still work. Not sure.

Don't panic!

I got this. This occurs when your O2 sensor gets messed up. When I go to a carwash and spray under my GX these lights go on because the O2 sensor is changing temp so fast. Just get an ODB2 tool and clear the codes. I have done this 3 times on my vehicle. It dosent come on again (well, until the next wash).

It is very odd but for some reason an O2 sensor fault shuts down all the 4 wheel drive stuff. Actually, I think the locker and such still work. Not sure.

My 4x4 and diff lock works. Also ODB2 scanner doesn't pull any codes. I think the abs got jacked up during the suspension install

Buddy came by with a more advanced scanner. Said drivers side rear speed sensor wasn't working. should I start with the rear wire or the speed sensor itself? The wire is much cheaper. We didn't see any kinks or anything in it.

Maybe clean up the connection and see if that does anything? Maybe you can test the wire with a ohm meter or similar but I cant think of a good reason why the wire itself would go bad.

I ordered a speed sensor first. Going to try it then the wire next.

So replaced the abs rear wire and both rear wheel speed sensors. The brake and abs light went off but all 3 of my vsc lights are still on. Any thoughts?

I had this problem a few years back due to a bad speed sensor. I first tried replacing the speed sensor with a cheap, off brand one from Amazon which didn't work... Fix in the end was an OEM speed sensor.

I have had a similar issue on my 2005 GX470 ... non-KDSS (removed, coil springs now). codes for wheel speed sensors etc. replaced all of them. then onto the VSS transmission speed sensors where I found what might be a workaround at the very least:

when I started the car from outside, while I was working on it, the lights all went away. I realized that when I start the car without depressing the brake, the brake, ABS, CEL, and VSC lights do not remain on, and everything works as it should. crazy ... and I've just discovered this so I'm not sure how much stock to put in it, but I will report back.

wanted to share since this was such an eye-opener for me.

I have had a similar issue on my 2005 GX470 ... non-KDSS (removed, coil springs now). codes for wheel speed sensors etc. replaced all of them. then onto the VSS transmission speed sensors where I found what might be a workaround at the very least:

when I started the car from outside, while I was working on it, the lights all went away. I realized that when I start the car without depressing the brake, the brake, ABS, CEL, and VSC lights do not remain on, and everything works as it should. crazy ... and I've just discovered this so I'm not sure how much stock to put in it, but I will report back.

wanted to share since this was such an eye-opener for me.

Just seeing this and it jogged my memory a bit... The reason I needed a new speed sensor in the first place was that my passenger side rear wheel bearing was shot to hell and if I recall correctly, the shaft, drive spindle, had some play in it (moving in and out) which was enough to damage the sensor. I wonder if, when you have your foot on the brake to start the truck, the action of pads squeezing the rotor pull it far enough away from the speed sensor for it throw an error?

ADDITIONALLY - I now have a GX470 as well and remember getting all of the same lights when I pulled the fuses after deleting my airbags.. I ended up having to leave in one of the 3x fuses that I was told to remove, which solved the problem (and left me with a slightly less annoying flashing "off" light in the "airbag height" area of the gauge cluster. Can look to see which of the fuses I left in if you like.

Last edited:
Just seeing this and it jogged my memory a bit... The reason I needed a new speed sensor in the first place was that my passenger side rear wheel bearing was shot to hell and if I recall correctly, the shaft, drive spindle, had some play in it (moving in and out) which was enough to damage the sensor. I wonder if, when you have your foot on the brake to start the truck, the action of pads squeezing the rotor pull it far enough away from the speed sensor for it throw an error?

ADDITIONALLY - I now have a GX470 as well and remember getting all of the same lights when I pulled the fuses after deleting my airbags.. I ended up having to leave in one of the 3x fuses that I was told to remove, which solved the problem (and left me with a slightly less annoying flashing "off" light in the "airbag height" area of the gauge cluster. Can look to see which of the fuses I left in if you like.
thank you fearghal ... I will check the wheel bearing next. good intel! I just had it back out and the lights had returned, however, I was able to get them to stay off again by stopping on a slight downhill, and starting again, foot off the brake. So strange.

I'm actually reluctant to take it to a mechanic because I'm afraid they're just going to repeat all my steps and charge me for it.

if you wouldn't mind letting me know which fuses you left in, I'd try anything at this point

thank you fearghal ... I will check the wheel bearing next. good intel! I just had it back out and the lights had returned, however, I was able to get them to stay off again by stopping on a slight downhill, and starting again, foot off the brake. So strange.

I'm actually reluctant to take it to a mechanic because I'm afraid they're just going to repeat all my steps and charge me for it.

if you wouldn't mind letting me know which fuses you left in, I'd try anything at this point

Just looked and the fuse I ended up leaving was the 20A TEMS fuse in the dash - top row, third from the right. Worth a try popping that back in!

This is a tough one for mechanics - my guy wasn't able to figure it out and the dealer may have been able to but they wanted to change me THREE diagnostic fees because it was 3x lights on the dash... then plus whatever it would cost to continue troubleshooting from there. I couldn't do it.

Also, I have no idea how these systems work but I remember noting when I was trying to figure mine out that there are many subtly different versions of this problem documented on forums caused by many different issues/parts failures, and I got the sense that not everyones truck responded in the same way to either the core issue or the steps to solve.. its as if there are multiple versions of the ECU (or whatever control unit manages this stuff) - just to make things more complicated!

Good luck with figuring it out! I'll keep an eye on this thread and happy to chime in if I have any helpful info for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom