ABS Aftermarket Sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

My ABS light has been on for a year and it looks like the code is indicating I need to replace the two front ABS speed sensors. The Lexus ones are REALLY expensive, and there appears to be after market ones for 28 dollars or so. Does anyone have any experience or a recommendation on the after market sensors?

Thank you! And I can't find a recommendation in the messages on this so if it has already been asked and answered my apologies.

Given the solid state nature of a hall effect sensor, i don't htink i'd overthink it. go aftermarket and YOLO. Definitely take them apart and see if the tone rings need cleaning etc first.

Given the solid state nature of a hall effect sensor, i don't htink i'd overthink it. go aftermarket and YOLO. Definitely take them apart and see if the tone rings need cleaning etc first.
Dishin' the science, yo

Ha! Ok, I ordered all four (in for a penny, in for a pound) from Parts Geek. Holstein is the brand.
nice. do us a favor and report back, though, and include the part number so that it appears in a google search in the future for people looking for positive (or negative) experiences?

I purchased this series. I'll let you know how it goes.

Holstein ABS Speed Sensor - Front Left
Holstein logo
Holstein ABS Speed Sensor
Click to Enlarge

(Read reviews)
Our List Price:$51.43

Quantity:

(2) In Stock​
Part Number: 7748-05923484
Notes: ABS Wheel Speed Sensor -- With Harness

Really well. This many months into it and still the light is off, and I’m the antilock brakes seem to be working fine when I test them. The corrosion getting the old ones off.... wow. But the new ones are on and working.

So you got the sensor and the lead? I bought an FJ80 recently and the brake pulsates (ABS engages) when I approach a stop. I took the wheel off today and found that 1) the sensor was not bolted down 2) the clip is broken off 3) the connector is broken in half. I am starting to think this might be the culprit. So, I cleaned it and was going to reinstall to test, but wondered what "new" ones cost. DANG. $600+ is a joke!

The Toyota schematic shows the front wire as a one-piece covering both sides and the rears going to a single wheel. The Holstein seems to be one wire per wheel. Is that correct?

Yes sensor and lead and it seems to be a perfect replacement for a lot less money. And yes, one wire per wheel. And really I’ve been happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom