For Sale Abq, nm 1985 4runner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do you guys think this rig is worth?

20200201_112110.jpg

20200201_112014.jpg

20200201_112002.jpg

20200201_112049.jpg

That's a really clean rig, tastefully modded. I'd be all over it if I had room in my stable for one.

It's hard to place a price on this one - it looks great. I think $7k-$8,500 would be the ballpark on it. The 1st gen 4Runners that are commanding high dollar are low mileage stock beauties.

Here's an example of a REALLY well sorted 1986 4Runner. Not as clean as yours but a turnkey off-road rig. I don't even know if it sold for the $8k he was asking.

I'm a sucker for first gen 4Runners.

From what I can see you have F and R bumpers, winch, lift, set of 5 wheels (fake bead locks?)/tires, single T-case, in the process of rebuilding an axle (or both?), and a stack of maintenance. Everything in the engine bay looks stock. Rust over rear wheel wells is common, and a typical indicator that there is rust in the forward area of rear wheel wells. Under body of the rear cargo area looks clean.
Do you have a complete list of modifications?
Lockers? Spool / mechanical / air ?
R & P adjustments / because of wheels and tires?
Axle shafts? Chromoly / spline count increase?
T-case gears?
Frame? Repair / cleaned repainted / reinforced?
Type of lift / shocks?
What mods were done to steering because of the lift?
Power steering adjustments / mods for wheels and tires?
You are the ____th owner?
It is really hard to guess a price when you don't completely know what is contained for consideration.

Based upon research and comps it appears that mileage and rust impacts the overall value of the 1st gen 4runners the most. Clean (no rust) stock versions with under 200K miles can be found for around $6K, tastefully modified very clean for $8K.

Data sucks, I know. I had Cherokee with $20K in it that I only got $3.5K for. Tacoma has nearly $40K in it, that I'd be lucky to get $25K for today

Thanks guys.. I have put alot of time and money into this 4runner they are getting hard to find in this shape. I have of 13k in it and countless hours of work. If you think the price is to much just pass on by the ad. I won't take 8k for it...so save your time and mine. I have service records for it since 1985, motor was rebuilt by Toyota at 150kish, ive done new: tps sensor, plugs, wires, distributor cap, o2 sensor, oil pan, fresh oils in everything, air cleaner, throttle cable, cleaned throttle body, valve lashed, new valve cover seal, 3 inch lift, differential breathers raised, arb on board air and 1 gallon tank, new method racing wheels, new tires, new arb front winch bumper, 9k warn winch, drove to Colorado picked up the rear bumper and welded in new cross member and mounted it, has 2 jerry can holder and spare tire swing out, bottom custom top swing out is cbi, 12v power to cargo area for fridge, w56 trans, lots more.. ill take 1k off and keep wheels and tires. 3rd owner, i have a ifs box for install, new fj80 linkage, no lockers, 4:10 gears, w56 trans, 22re, method wheels, standard t case, a little rust in rear fender flares only... this isnt meant to be a crawler just a tasteful daily which it is. New HID head lights and i have an 86 rear axle as well not installed... just thinks off top of my head.. Not my first rodeo on selling things on the potential for losing money, I use to build harleys as well same issue there lol... its just out here if someone is looking im not in need of moving it asap... I'll just keep it if I'm sank in it lol.. Thanks again guys, Lee

may look at trades with cash and another type of toyota... reason for sale you wonder.... just bought a s*** ton on guns lol.. looking to replenish the account somewhat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom