A440f throttle cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. So I've searched and searched. No luck yet. Anybody know where to find a throttle cable for the A440f.

I've got a 1992 fj80. 3fe. With 249k on it. I've adjusted the cable over and over and still getting hard and delayed shifts. I'm thinking the cable might be stretched to much or possibly broken. Anybody know where to buy a new one since Toyota has discontinued them!

Do you mean the transmission kick down cable?

I would do some basic checks before you replace the part (particularly the trans cable, as the transmission end is sort of a PITA).

Looking at the throttle body on the firewall side you'll see a cam with two cables attached to it. The top one is the throttle, and runs to the right side fender area to the cruise control box. The lower end of the cam has the transmission kick down cable attached to it. Have a buddy hit the gas a few times (with the truck off) and see if they both actuate properly. It will be pretty easy to see if they're sticking, or not doing anything. If they both move freely, then your issue is either poor adjustment of the trans cable, or trans fluid level.

Yeah Toyota calls it a throttle cable. Also know as a kickdown cable. Fluid is good. And the accelerator ( aka know as throttle cable to most) is in good shape. All move as they should. And it has been recently adjusted over the past 3 weeks with no improvment no matter which way I adjust the trans cable. So that is why I say I need a new cable.

I have a extra new one-for sale if you need it? pm me
97626E33-9FFE-4B5A-BA28-7A825EAFFE6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you find the Throttle Cable?

If so, where did you find it?

Does anyone know the length of the kickdown cable for the 3fe/a440f? Rock Auto has one for 37 bucks. Wondering if it's to good to be true.

Does anyone know the length of the kickdown cable for the 3fe/a440f?

Also curious about this. I am wondering if a A442 cable can be used on the a440F.

A442 cable: 35520-60111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom