A/T Valve Body upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully this cures your trans woes, I saw the pic with just the T-case off and had fingers crossed for deeper gearing BUT fresh trans has to be a great feeling too! Old one certainly lived a full life :hillbilly:

Been a few weeks and new transmission is running smoothly. I had a few days of the shifter not quite synching up with the gears 100%, but realized that I didn't calibrate the cable properly with the neutral position. What this really meant was that the detents in the console shifter were fighting the detents in the transmission housing. Once adjusted, everything was perfect. I'm probably going to keep this transmission "stock" for the warranty period (12 mos) and then install the heavy duty WAT valvebody that I recovered from the old transmission.

One of the things you have to do on the reman transmission is move the neutral position sensor off the old trans and install it on the new reman. It's mounted on the passenger side of the transmission and is one of the things I had to calibrate in the above post. As luck would have it, mine is acting glitchy. It doesn't always register when I'm shifting from P - R - N to D. Basically there is a rheostat-like armature that makes positive contact along the sweep (hence the shape) indicating what gear you should be in. If it isn't making a positive connection, then the light on the dash doesn't illuminate and the ECU isn't really sure what gear it's in, so eventually you will throw a P0705 code indicating a failure of signal from the NPS. I have been able to game the system by running through all the lower gears and back up to Drive. Usually by the time I get to 3 the light on the dash comes back, then I just upshift to D.

But being OCD about this stuff and worrying it may lead to other issues, I bit the bullet and bought a new one from the dealership. Lists for about $150, but I got a neighborly discount.
84540-71010_NSS.JPG

Part No. 84540-71010 for you copy-pastas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom