A Simple Bed Base with Storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know some of you have made and posted very sophisticated build outs but for down and dirty camping or for a road trip where you need sleep in the Cruiser I made this very simple rear platform making a bed b are with two storage draws. The base is the same height as the middle row of seats when folded to make one continuous flat bed. All made from one piece of 8x4 pine plywood.

LC Bed Down.jpg

LC Bed Up.jpg

I have something similar and absolutely love it
I have mine bolted down and also put 12 tie down anchors for gear and fridge
Its a simple project and at a fraction of the cost
No issues at all in Moab on several trails and we slept on the back every night
A must have IMHO

Tough thing on both the 80 and the 100 is that the 2nd row seats don’t fold completely flat. It makes building a sleeping platform a little tricky. If you make it level with the rear edge of the folded down seat, your sleeping area slopes upward toward the front. If you make the platform level with the front of the seat, you need to fill in a bit of space at the rear of the seat.

I’ll post up some pics of mine later, if I remember. I built it so a piece of plywood fits onto a ledge on the front of my platform box and lays nearly perfectly flat as it just extends to the edge of where the padded leather wraps around from the front of the seat. It’s pretty darn flat when it is all put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom