A OEM Toyota Needed Parts Solution for 9/73-12/78 Fuel Door Key Lock & Strike , flip down style. " SKUNK-WORKS " Developed ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
A OEM Toyota Needed Parts Solution for 9/73-12/78

Fuel Door Key Lock & Strike , flip down style.

Proudly Developed by The Rising Sun Mechanical " SKUNK-WORKS " :D

i have been working for many many months on a OEM TOYOTA Needed parts solution for this topic

A New Lock and NEW Key

Plug and Play , NO Mods ..........

ALL 100% OEM TOYOTA GENUINE parts ...

Well tonight's the night , I will Outline the TECH in detail & also all the 411 .............

my life's work & passion for the Mechanical Arts is bringing back Discontinued Badly Needed part#'s

to the Land Cruiser Community

using ALL 100% TOYOTA parts in any way i can when ever and where ever possible ............

:)

index999999999999999999999999999999 - Copy - Copy.png

.png

When i first became keenly aware that the problems associated with the 9/73-12/78 Fuel Door lock were rapidly becoming a huge deal

for a very dense population of the land cruiser community , i then Decided to take action ....

i made it one of many of what i do " missions " , to make is happen and get it done !

As of lately , i have been finding more and more Discontinued Land Cruiser Replacement Parts Needs , within TOYOTA itself ,

by simply re-purposing or re-assigning there current stated application , to well " OURS " ........

The Land Cruiser Community as whole , When these small but in some cases Significant Mircals Occur ,

I assign them , there Original Toyota Land cruiser Part# , but also , adding the Letter , R to the end after a Dash to of course

in this case we have 69058-69016, so NOW the land cruiser community has
: 69058-69016-R

the R can stand for :

- Restored

- Refurbished

- Reassigned

- Reintroduced

- in this unique case maybe simply Resurrected is fitting 🤔

DSCN9863_LI.jpg

A few Key Features the 69058-69016-R has that put it the front of the possible YES list prior to my finally sourcing the

Extremely Killer Kool Filler Neck well in Pollox orange filler neck well are the 45 degree range of motion Paddle or Strike PAW ,

and the Spring Loaded PAW , that well has a good solid Hold in the rest position .

- Last but not least , and maybe more important then i currently realize at the moment ,

This Genuine Lock cylinder can be both Re-Keyed & Re-Coded to match your current factory Key Code in the ignition and both front Doors

using the 5 Digit Code Stamped on the passenger side front Door lock cylinder ....

: Please see the several TECH Photos Reference Examples Below to help those better understand whom are not familiar with this

TOYOTA standard identification method and practice .........

Today i called my Toyota Commercial Rep and inquired about Sourcing some of them , and he said only 18 on hand

in Country , well i scooped them ALL up , so i can meet any unforeseen word of mouth need from members

reaching out etc.....

Note: This is a TECH Thread , so Please PM me only with Further questions regarding this topic .........

Below are some SOLID PROFESSIONAL well lit close up's to detail all the Tech notes and features i have outlined thus far ..

so stay tuned for more updates , and feel free to PM me with any questions etc ..........

Kindly matt ...

😇

DSCN3141.JPG
DSCN3143.JPG

Last edited:

Below are a few TECH Reference Photos of 40 Series Factory key codes stamped on the passenger side front door ONLY ...........

key code 2.JPG
key code 3.JPG
key code 4.JPG
key code 6.jpg
kry code 1.JPG

so apparently im missing a spring?
which way does it pull? towards the keeper?

thats awesome.....been looking to get my locks matched, the fuel door lock as been the odd man out.

Last edited:

thats awesome.....been looking to get my locks matched, the fuel door lock as been the odd man out.
Same here @brian I have key for ignition and front doors and “another” key for fuel door on ‘76 🙄

Technically no Brian ,

TOYOTA did NOT have a spring on the original Fuel Door Lock cylinder , 69058-69016

YES , the Spring Tension on the New Updated Lock Cylinder 69058-69016-R keeps it pushed up tight and Snug nice against Strike , the strike is the folded metal TAB held in by TWO 5mm machine screws or bolts to the inside of the fuel door filler Neck Well itself .....

- and ............

NO more odd men out ! :cool:

Same here @brian I have key for ignition and front doors and “another” key for fuel door on ‘76 🙄

well .............

NOT any more @tls3601 a new matching OEM Toyota NEW lock cylinder w/ a matching key code to the rest of your truck is now a reality and a standard BAR
available to ALL 9/73-12/78 Land Cruiser Community Owner Operators ........:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom