A little help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone off work and available to help with my slider install in the next few days? I could probably do it by myself but I'm sure I will smash my fingers and drop the whole slider on my shin at least once if I don't have help. I've got 4 jack stands and a floor jack to make the job easier. I don't know exactly when I'll do this yet because I've got some honey-do items and last minute Christmas shopping to take care of first. I'm just trying to see who might be available.

Marc,

I used two floor jacks and one jack stand to install my sliders by myself. Floor jacks at the outer end mounting points and the jackstand to hold the part that protects the rocker panel. Then you can slide the mounting points to match up. I am back to work on Monday and half of Tuesday, but if I get both days done in Sante Fe, I will have some free time. Call me if you need any help and I can see if can work it out.

Marc - I may be able to help. Let's talk more about it this evening.

I got the running boards off this afternoon. I won't have time to put the new ones on until probably the 31st.

I got the running boards off this afternoon. I won't have time to put the new ones on until probably the 31st.

Marc - I can probably spare a few hours tomorrow (12/31) if you're still thinking about installing your sliders. Give me a call if you want some help - I think you've got my cell number, or our land line is in the phone book. :cheers:

Marc - I can probably spare a few hours tomorrow (12/31) if you're still thinking about installing your sliders. Give me a call if you want some help - I think you've got my cell number, or our land line is in the phone book. :cheers:

I don't want to make you commit to coming over just yet since it's such a long drive from your house to mine. Plus I'm not sure if I'm going to get to it tomorrow. I will call you if it's looking like it may happen but don't change your plans for me.

Dude,

Go offer a neighbor a case of brew for some help!!

Too late - we had a New Year's Eve slider party mid-day and got the sliders mounted. Maybe Marc will post up some pictures for us - they look pretty beefy!

I need to take a few photos. The job turned out to be more difficult that I had planned because the quality control on the mounting u-bolts that MT sent me was not good. I had to chase the threads on 3 of the 6 U-bolts with a die in order to get the nuts on them. Stupid threads turned out to be 7/16-20, which I don't have any SAE taps or dies. Off to Harbor freight to get a marginal set. One of the 12 nuts they sent me needed to be tapped so it would thread onto the u-bolts as well. I still need to do a little work on the brake lines that had to be unclipped so they don't rub on the u-bolts they cross over.

Huge thanks to Evan for coming all the way from Tijeras to my house to help me get them safely mounted.

Photos

image-1150315814.jpg

image-3024553062.jpg

image-379641765.jpg

image-195931405.jpg

image-1150315814.jpg

image-3024553062.jpg

image-195931405.jpg

image-379641765.jpg

This has to be the longest thread about installing sliders on a 100 series ever.

That said, Marc, it looks good.

:)

Marc -

They look great and will be excellent protection on the trail. I was very impressed with the quality of the sliders themselves, and not so impressed with the hardware. As you mentioned, that greatly increased the install time.

This has to be the longest thread about installing sliders on a 100 series ever. That said, Marc, it looks good. :)

Seems like a perfectly reasonable length and pace for anything I am involved with related to the cruiser. It only took 4 years to get what everyone else does within a year of getting their cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom