A heartwarming newby intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sweeeet....

love the colour, any idea what the paint code is?

Feel free to add some more pic's :smokin:

hey peeps...new cruiserhead here...

hey 151,

great story...=)
I'll share mine as well. I'm jonathan from monrovia, ca [15 mins east of pasadena].

I've been in love w/ cruisers for a looong time, so when it was time to go cruiser-hunting, I almost bought a FJ55, w/o the engine or transfer case. well, with some of you 'cruiser families', we all know working on a project like this could take yrs, and I don't have time..=/ so, we narrowed our choices to either a 60s or 80s series.

n after two yrs of pain-staking searches for a good bone-stock cruiser, we found an 88 FJ62 in the s.f. valley [sherman oaks to be exact] from a guy who bought the cruiser from jay, the svc mgr at TLC [cruiser heads in van nuys who built the ICON]. 200,00 miles. little rust under the tailgate light, but body is perfect! interior is immaculate.

funny and scary... how slowly addicting it is every night going on the MUD forum. I have the time to read up on the MUD forum, sign up on threads, spend countless hrs every evening till 2am reading up on various MUD topics. my lady doesn't complain how late I stay up, cuz I'm on this site enriching myself [as I call it] about our newest addition, instead of wasting my time on facebook or myspace...

we've had the cruiser for about a month now, n with three kids, I've only had time to work on the cosmetic stuff, like engine cleaning, replacement of bulbs, fluid chk n replacement. I'll be sending it to TLC for a total tune-up [I'm not good w/ diagnosing or engine work] and an OME heavy/heavy 2.5" lift-kit [pics to follow]

I have to give props to my lady cuz she's sooo totally cool w/ me modifying the cruiser, cuz my addiction could be worst [don't gamble, smoke or do drugs] - I have the green light to work n spend on it as much as I want!! -of course, after all the bills are paid- so as long as I make it a sweet n unique ride. she's very well impressed w/ the MUD forum, n she's confident that I'll be getting good advice from ya'll. she's becoming a cruiserhead too! here are some pics our cruiser [no name yet]. I look forward to sharing stories n pickin up great advice!

cheers!
jonathan
:cheers::steer::clap:

Last edited:
The Long piece is for Minitruck case, not Cruiser.:frown:

I thought he makes one for the LC split case, too. :confused:

(No, not the one on his webpage pic)

Ahhh

Good to see another Tan One.

Team Tan has another soldier!
Now it just needs to be a "Black and Tan" (beer pun intended)

wheelinnm006rm6.jpg

By trapper50cal, shot with EX-Z60 at 2008-04-08

Welcome to the best Clubhouse on the Planet!

Congratulations TLCAddict. Did you check out the TLCA website link at the top of the page. Look for the Land Cruiser club in your location. The Los Angeles Trailcrew seems pretty active. I'm going to try and make the next So Cal LC Club meeting.

Congratulations TLCAddict. Did you check out the TLCA website link at the top of the page. Look for the Land Cruiser club in your location. The Los Angeles Trailcrew seems pretty active. I'm going to try and make the next So Cal LC Club meeting.

hey todd,

I called mark of the la chapter, and most of them are FJ40s, and are serious rock crawlers...I haven't been to their mtgs yet. I'll try to make it to the next club mtg. we'll see...

jonathan

Loomis is up and running. I've put about 150 miles on it and I can't believe how low the gearing is. Stock tires and 3.7s sure do make for a slow commute and bad gas mileage.

I've got a neighbor who's looking to trade a new set of 33"s on black steelies, off of his Tacoma, if I weld the bracket for a SAS onto his frame for him. I don't think the 33" will look too good once I do the SOA but they should help lower the RPMs at highway speeds so I'll probably try that.

The 60 isn't passing smog yet so once I get it to pass smog it will probably run more efficiently as well

Hey guys,
I just went to the trailcrew meeting in June. I have a close to stock 62 and it's getting better. There are 2 other 60's I believe. You two should come to the next meeting. We need more 60's members so we can make runs that suit our trucks.
-Randy

pm me if you need info on the next meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom