A Different Perspective 360 Video Clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
Got a new toy to play with for my travels. A 360 camera, Insta360 X2. Toying with the possibilities, found it interesting to see what the view from the outside looks like on the journey out to Alstrom Point in Lake Powell.

Was also unique to be able to see the suspension and tires do their thing. Will have to explore this more with higher frame rates and a closer view in the future.

Enjoy the martian terrain

Last edited:
That's crazy. Is there some built in processing that digitally removes the wand from the video? I was very confused until I saw the shadow on the ground, and also strange that it looked like the passenger is holding something, but you can't see anything. Checked out the website and it looks like the sample videos of the camera deployed on the wand also seemed to be hidden. I assume there are at least two camera sensors, so the processing just uses what the other camera sees to fill in the space where the wand is.

How fast were you traveling down that "road"?

Is there some built in processing that digitally removes the wand from the video?

Looks like it uses a special "Invisible Selfie Stick" that has a signature that the camera can remove in post-processing.

How does the 360° aspect work? Do you have access to the full range in post-processing to choose what to display in a video? Or is there a control on the "stick" that is moving the captured footage around real time?

Pretty cool!

The physical camera is sleek and tiny, about 2/3 the size of a cell phone, and about 2x as thick. Small for the level of capability and resolution(5.7k)/data-rate the thing records at. It attaches to a telescoping selfie stick type thing with a generic 1/4"-20 screw at its bottom. Partially the field of view being directly under the camera makes it invisible, but the software is also automatically removing parts.

It indeed is recording the full sphere of view, that is fully available in post processing. Recording is as easy as sticking it out wherever, with no care to pointing. Any focus or pointing is done in post. It's got pretty good software available on smartphone apps and desktop. Taking a bit to get acclimated, but they've streamlined where possible. There's a lot of creative views which I haven't explored yet. It has the ability to autotrack subjects/objects in post. I did the most basic which is just to tell the software what view to point to, at various points in the vid, and export to a standard flat view.

Going about 40-60 mph depending on curves and sightlines ahead, or what the wifee will tolerate :p . Big ol tires smooth-out most everything with them aired down to 18PSI.

1617914378622.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom