A/C relay location FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I turned my a/c on and it was cold then there was nothing. I have power to the switch on the dash, it lights up. There is a red/blue wire that is hot and when I turn the switch on it lights up and makes the yellow wire hot. There is a black and white wire that does nothing. I tried to connect the black and white with the hot wire and it popped a fuse. I checked freon levels and they are good. If I run a hot wire frome the battery to the compressor it kicks on and runs good. At the compressor the black and white wire that goes to it has no power at any time. What should I look for? Are there relays somewhere. I know there is one fuse in the fuse box. THanks

Could it be a bad amplifier? What are signs or ways to test. Thanks

check circuit breakers in the fuse panel. One is heater and one is power. One of the 2 powers part of the AC. Just push a pen inot them and try to click them back on. AC fuse in the panel might be out. I doubt it is your amplifier but you can rotate the blue pot either way and see if it helps. Pressure switch is in the box under the dash. If you pull the glove box there is a harness the travels over the box that plugs into the amplifier, pressure switch and a few others I forget! The pressure switch wires feed from the firewall side of the box with the hoses, back over the top of the box and plugs into a 2 way connector. You can jump the harness side of the connector to bypass the switch and see if that is the problem

This is a little different question on the A/C problem.

My A/C works...freon good...everything good ----except the idle will not kick up. As I drive down the road the compressor kicks in and out but when I come to a stop and the truck idles the A/C warms up and will not kick in unless I press the gas and get the idle up to around 1100 RPMs and then the compressor kicks on...any suggestions....thanks.

try replacing the AC idle solenoid. it is under the hood, up on top, hung from the inside of the drivers fender, about a foot in front of the carb fan. it has 2 or 3 hoses connected to it and a wire.

when you ask Toyota, they will reveal that this part is no longer available for your 60. I bought one made for a Camry, it fit pefectly and works perfectly. It fixed my symptoms which were just like yours.

This is a little different question on the A/C problem.

My A/C works...freon good...everything good ----except the idle will not kick up. As I drive down the road the compressor kicks in and out but when I come to a stop and the truck idles the A/C warms up and will not kick in unless I press the gas and get the idle up to around 1100 RPMs and then the compressor kicks on...any suggestions....thanks.

Work the blue knob on the amplifier; look at it to figure out which way to turn it but it fixes what you described. Also make sure the idle up solinoid actually works and that the carb setting is correct.

Been busy just got a chance to check this. Anyway. I bipassed the amplifier with a paper clip and my a/c blows Ice cold, (just unplugged the wires from the amplifier and hooked a hot wire to the black and white wire). Next question is could the amplifier be bad, or is it cutting off b/c something is actually wrong. I know if freon is low the amplifier will not allow power to run to the compressor to keep it from being hurt. But I had it checked and it was good. Could anything else trigger this. Oh thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom