A/C on/off switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My a/c is always on. The on/off switch on the climate control panel does not work. Thinking it could be the relay stuck open. Does this make sense or do I have bigger issues?

Thanks!

I know mine does not react to a quick push of the button, but I need to hold it down for a second to get a response. Not sure if you've tried that.

I know mine does not react to a quick push of the button, but I need to hold it down for a second to get a response. Not sure if you've tried that.
Seriously?! I have been ****ing with thing for 2 weeks and hit the switch every way possible. I had to push it directly in the center and hold for about 3 seconds and it works! Yes, I feel stupid.

Thank you very much!

I went through this when I got the truck. Welcome to the club!

Seriously?! I have been f***ing with thing for 2 weeks and hit the switch every way possible. I had to push it directly in the center and hold for about 3 seconds and it works! Yes, I feel stupid.

Thank you very much!
It should function as a simple on/off switch, but after a couple decades of use, some require special attention to work correctly. Mine needs to be pushed just so as well, but I've been in other LCs where the button works pretty much any way you touch it.

If it bugs you or it gets worse (they can reach a point where they get stuck in the on or off position), there is a thread around here somewhere about how to replace the little button on the circuit board behind the controls that is the culprit. I don't remember the title of the thread but remember seeing it when searching for a solution on my problem, which was the dial switch controlling the fan speed. It looked like an inexpensive fix that would be very simple for somebody experienced with small electronics but a bit intimidating for many.

Also keep in mind that if the settings are on “Auto”, then the A/C will almost always come on regardless of ambient temps.

My 99 button is just a push on push off, no holding needed. Could potentially be a bad contact in the switch or a change by model year?

I can turn on auto and turn off AC. I don't know if AC is still running occasionally but I do not hear the compressor cycle or any idle up. It always automatically engages AC when going to Auto and I manually turn it off.

To be fair I don't know if this is just because it's an older model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom