'99 Tacoma front end bounce (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having an issue with the front of my truck bouncing excessively when I go over big dips in the road. I recently replaced the struts with quick struts, and was dismayed when the front bouncing didn't go away. I took the quick struts back, and bought inserts that I put in my TRD variable rate springs, which made things slightly better, but the truck still flies up and down way more than it should. I replaced the struts in our Grand Caravan, and it rides tight and firm.

Any ideas on what the problem is? I haven't replaced any bushings, so is it possible I need to look elsewhere for the source of my Cadillac-like floating front end?

Truck: 1999 TRD 4x4 3.4L Extracab SR5

Truck and Cruiser.jpg

Spend a little more on a name branded strut. Sounds like the quick strut was valves right for your load. May as replace the tears also since you have the weight of a camper also.

Spend a little more on a name branded strut. Sounds like the quick strut was valves right for your load. May as replace the tears also since you have the weight of a camper also.
Yeah, I got some decent inserts when I took the quick struts back. It's been a few years since I replaced the rear shocks, so that may be a problem. The front end is definitely not behaving right, though -- way too much float when I go over a big bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom