'99 LC Won't Start, No Codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn’t/don’t see a fuse, but ok 👍🏽

I didn’t/don’t see a fuse, but ok 👍🏽
EFI Relay Fuse Box Bypass - fuse.jpg

IMG_20221120_124154679 fuse.jpg

Now she's getting a Check Engine Light with a P1600 Code. Ref on Toyota's says it's for the following;
  • Open in back up power source circuit
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • Engine Control Module (ECM) harness is open or shorted
  • Engine Control Module (ECM) circuit poor electrical connection

Is this due to more issues with the fuse block? Could it be what caused the issue initially?

Now she's getting a Check Engine Light with a P1600 Code. Ref on Toyota's says it's for the following;
  • Open in back up power source circuit
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • Engine Control Module (ECM) harness is open or shorted
  • Engine Control Module (ECM) circuit poor electrical connection

Is this due to more issues with the fuse block? Could it be what caused the issue initially?

That means you don't have power to go from A to B, and to the computer. Feeding fused 12V from your fuse holder to "E" should take care of it.

That means you don't have power to go from A to B, and to the computer. Feeding fused 12V from your fuse holder to "E" should take care of it.
Feed "E" on the fuse block with the same "E" on the relay?

I don't know what is "E" on your relay. I was referring to "E" in my picture.
Yes, I'm using your same designations for the Fuse Block and OEM Relay from your pic so all could hopefully know which I'm referring to.

I don't know why you got P1600 if you have 12V to "E".
I hadn't yet. I was trying to confirm that I understood you correctly before I proceeded.

I made a new connection between the fuse and "E" on the OEM relay and this time added a split-off to the "E" on the fuse box per the image below. Viola! it worked! Cleared the codes and all is good...so far. Thanks again! Really appreciate your help.

IMG_20221124_150807512.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom