'99 LC shift indicator plate part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amayama is notorious for claiming to have parts in stock that are not actually in stock. The last 4 times I ordered parts from them, all cases where I knew the part was difficult to source but they were the only one's claiming stock, they ended up cancelling the order later.
Make it 5 for my last 5... Amayama just admitted the part I ordered which they claimed would arrive to their warehouse by April 9th was discontinued and the order could not be fulfilled. Their parts diagrams are good and their pricing is good, but if Amayama is the only source claiming they can get the part, be very suspicious. Maybe every once in awhile it's true and they have the last of a part, but don't stop searching for options just because Amayama took your order and your payment. If you know it's a difficult to source part, assume Amayama fails you, or at least don't bank on them coming through for you. Look at other options and keep researching other sources, used parts, or substitute parts that might work with modification or adaptation.

Last edited:
Make it 5 for my last 5... Amayama just admitted the part I ordered which they claimed would arrive to their warehouse by April 9th was discontinued and the order could not be fulfilled. Their parts diagrams are good and their pricing is good, but if Amayama is the only source claiming they can get the part, be very suspicious. Maybe every once in awhile it's true and they have the last of a part, but don't stop searching for options just because Amayama took your order and your payment. If you know it's a difficult to source part, assume Amayama fails you, or at least don't bank on them coming through for you. Look at other options and keep researching other sources, used parts, or substitute parts that might work with modification or adaptation.
Sorry to hear that for you. I have come to the conclusion that if you cannot obtain a new part here in the U. S. or from Partsouq, then it very likely can't be had.....

Still haven't received my refund yet. What about any of you that also got suckered by Amayama?

You didn't get refund from eBay or Amayama?

I ordered from eBay and I got that refund right away to my PayPal when they canceled the order.

Ended up getting a ZR Tactical one instead. If you want an OE look try to grab an original but with the black anodizing it actually looks pretty good.
Finally got to install mine. Really not that satisfied with the fit. The radius on the corners is too tight and it doesn't sit right. Guess I'm back on the market for an OE version. Also going to work on restoring my original, and maybe 3d modeling/printing my own...

Finally got to install mine. Really not that satisfied with the fit. The radius on the corners is too tight and it doesn't sit right. Guess I'm back on the market for an OE version. Also going to work on restoring my original, and maybe 3d modeling/printing my own...
I was about to pull the trigger on the ZR Tactical. Very disappointing to hear your opinion on it. Have you tried to get back to them about your issues? Does anyone else have any first hand experience with this product?

I was about to pull the trigger on the ZR Tactical. Very disappointing to hear your opinion on it. Have you tried to get back to them about your issues? Does anyone else have any first hand experience with this product?
I haven't. I'm really picky about fit/finish so it's very possible you won't mind it as much as I do.

I will definitely mind it!

Would you mind posting a few photos of how it came out?

Just got my shift plate. Came out nice. I did different color than black. Primordial earth I think was the color. Kind of a tan look. Did my window switch bezels too. I am happy with Will's @CruiserDM work. I can post pics later when I install it. Otherwise, I believe mine is on the thread above as well.

Just got my shift plate. Came out nice. I did different color than black. Primordial earth I think was the color. Kind of a tan look. Did my window switch bezels too. I am happy with Will's @CruiserDM work. I can post pics later when I install it. Otherwise, I believe mine is on the thread above as well.
Would love to see the installed pics, especially night view of shift indicator plate. Thx!

Update on the ZR Tactical shift plate. I was able to greatly improve the fit of my plate with a bit of modification. After comparing and measuring up the original plate and the ZR Tactical plate, I decided to file down the cutouts on both passenger side tabs. I also filed the tips down a little bit. This got the plate into a much better position. Fitment still isn't perfect, but it's much closer to flush now.

20220504_153019.jpg

I also trimmed of the thin piece of plastic on the shifter to help the plate align better.

20220504_153037.jpg

Still not sure I would recommend the ZR Tactical plate to anyone, but figured I would share my fixes for anyone who has.

Update on the ZR Tactical shift plate. I was able to greatly improve the fit of my plate with a bit of modification. After comparing and measuring up the original plate and the ZR Tactical plate, I decided to file down the cutouts on both passenger side tabs. I also filed the tips down a little bit. This got the plate into a much better position. Fitment still isn't perfect, but it's much closer to flush now.

View attachment 3000435

I also trimmed of the thin piece of plastic on the shifter to help the plate align better.

View attachment 3000436

Still not sure I would recommend the ZR Tactical plate to anyone, but figured I would share my fixes for anyone who has.
Thx for the excellent info and update.

Chowcares video does a great job on the install and I’ve used it for other bulb and shift knob replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom