99 Cruiser with 370k... Great Price. Would you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all.

First..…...I don't "NEED" another Land Cruiser! Talk me out of it!

I have come across a 1 owner, Southern California car for a GREAT price. It shows a clean Carfax. All major maintenance shows as done on the Toyota service Records with the exception of the Steering Rack and shocks. Pics look good for a car with this many miles. Seats are intact but do show cracking in the leather. Body looks straight.

I really don't have time or the energy for a maintenance or repair rig. Would you be afraid of one that shows this many mile on the clock?

I know if I go look at it, I'll have another 100 in the driveway. Wife isn't crazy about me buying another car (I have 5 vehicles already, 2 never leave the garage)!

At 370k, the steering rack and shocks would have been done...Right?

What would you say is a great price??

I don't need it......So please talk me out of it!

I’d look at everything that will need to be done within the next few months (fluids, tires, Ts, starter, alternator, spark plugs, belts, battery, AC components, breaks, shocks, etc), and subtract the aggregate cost from $3k. My guess is the owner wants to bestow the maintenance privileges in exchange for the selling price. After all, if it is fully up to date, the owner must have spent a handful - so why sell then for a “great price”?

370k miles and an attitude of don't have time for maintenance or repair rig.....this Cruiser will be headache.

If it's a DIY and you've got the time when things pop up, then yes it'll be a great rig.

370k miles and nothing is needed on the 100 series is impossible.

If you've already got 5 vehicles and 2 you don't drive then pass on this 100. When you add in your reluctance to restore/ repair it then double pass. That truck is 20 years old and even if it had half those miles it would still need work. Nothing wrong with an old high mileage 100, but it sounds like your heart isn't in it.

The main reason I’m considering it is because the truck goes to the dealership every few months for ALL and every minor and major repairs and service.

I have my 2003 that we take out wheeling almost every weekend. I love my 100. I’ll never sell it.

I have a kid that starts driving in 6months. While I believe the LC is the safest vehicle out there....the cost of fuel will be a deterrent for a kid.

The price is so good that I can’t even post it here until I make a decision. It is not listed anywhere and is a word of mouth deal.

If I buy it, I’ll post pics.

Thanks guys!

The main reason I’m considering it is because the truck goes to the dealership every few months for ALL and every minor and major repairs and service.

I have my 2003 that we take out wheeling almost every weekend. I love my 100. I’ll never sell it.

I have a kid that starts driving in 6months. While I believe the LC is the safest vehicle out there....the cost of fuel will be a deterrent for a kid.

The price is so good that I can’t even post it here until I make a decision. It is not listed anywhere and is a word of mouth deal.

Thanks guys!
You're gonna take it to the dealership constantly? Then obviously you're not concerned about purchase price other than to feel good about scoring some deal.

I'm sure your kid will love it when the transmission takes a dump on I5

Hello all.

First..…...I don't "NEED" another Land Cruiser! Talk me out of it!

I have come across a 1 owner, Southern California car for a GREAT price. It shows a clean Carfax. All major maintenance shows as done on the Toyota service Records with the exception of the Steering Rack and shocks. Pics look good for a car with this many miles. Seats are intact but do show cracking in the leather. Body looks straight.

I really don't have time or the energy for a maintenance or repair rig. Would you be afraid of one that shows this many mile on the clock?

I know if I go look at it, I'll have another 100 in the driveway. Wife isn't crazy about me buying another car (I have 5 vehicles already, 2 never leave the garage)!

At 370k, the steering rack and shocks would have been done...Right?

What would you say is a great price??

I don't need it......So please talk me out of it!

Thanks guys!

I replaced my shocks right after I bought mine ~200K (I do not remember the exact miles). They were in poor shape. The shocks should have been replaced much sooner. I then replaced steering rack bushings and that improved the steering feel a lot.

I can not imagine how they can still work at 370K. At least the shocks should have been replaced. How does the truck drives as is? I would have no problem with the miles and the condition of the shocks and/or steering rack bushings, but it has to be for the right price. I am also a bit biased here, I have done these, so for second go around, I am pretty confident I can do these again a lot quicker and with much less effort, so these are not a big deal for me.

I do disagree about how safe the LC. Yes it is built like a tank, but it is lacking modern safety features such as side air bags. I have a 98, and the only reason I would sell mine is to get newer LC/LX. Mine is not daily driven anymore, so I am keeping the truck for now. But if it is daily driven by my wife and kid, I would have to seriously thinking about getting a newer version.

Cheer up and buy and enjoy it for what it is, if you bargain price is that good you can always come back on your decision and sell it again.

:cheers:

I went to see it in person. Anything that sounds too good to be true...usually is. It was! Pass

Thanks for the replies.

I went to see it in person. Anything that sounds too good to be true...usually is. It was! Pass

Thanks for the replies.
What was the price bro

What was the price? How bad was it that you passed?

Thanks for the replies.

What happened to the truck goes to the dealership every few months for ALL and every minor and major repairs and service?

Pics or it didn't happen

:cheers:

Come on, dude - you can't tease like this... we are talking blue balls here! what was the asking price, and what specifically made you pass on that truck?

The owner was a really nice guy. He wasn’t trying to hide anything. My guess is that he’s simply “over it”. He said he had told my friend about the overall condition.

I wasn’t there long enough to take photos. Asking price was 2k but he would have taken much less. My friend that told me about the truck didn’t mention the “body damage”. The front fender and door were hit. The truck is still drivable (I didn’t try). The damage looks like a sideswipe.

Yes, the 1 owner truck has been to the dealership for everything and has had needed and preventative maintenance done. However, the interior and exterior are much rougher than any project I care to tackle. I did not personally look through the windows to see the interior. My son told me it was not all torn up.... but he said it was rough!

My first thought when I pulled up was...I hope that isn’t it? Followed by I wonder he’ll accept 1k? Quickly followed by....what the heck am I doing? I don’t need another project.

We shook hands, he apologized for the wasted time....and I left!

Bottom line...
This truck will sell. I’m certain that others have purchased worse for more.

If anyone is in Southern CA, has between 1-2k to spend( maybe even less), let me know. I’ll text the guy and put you in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom