For Sale '98 with 280K, rear locker, some rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Crew, I'm looking for advice, suggestions & thoughts on selling/pricing my Minnesota born and raised '98 100.

yes, it has some rust (on the rocker panels and around the front windshield). it also has minor hail marks on the hood. it also has slight interior rear door trim damage from my dog.

It does have the rear diff lock option, leather heated interior, 3rd row seats, cold AC, sunroof, ARB front bumper (also have original), all maintenance records since new. It's never been off-road.

It has been a wonderful car. With 280K it still runs great and everything works perfectly (pretty amazing). I bought it with 60K from a friend who bought it new...its been correctly maintained and well care for.

KKB says good condition $7600, fair condition $6900. I listed on CL & Cars.com for $6500 a few days ago and very little action yet. (listed at $5200 now)

worst case, I donate it and get the tax deduction. Is there a market for this vehicle? what is a realistic price? who wants to buy it?

Thanks for your help -Woodyscout

Last edited:
There's definitely a market, I just checked to make sure your CL post isn't ghosted (visible to you but not visible to anyone else) and I found it so you're good there.

Maybe it's your local market. A $6500 Land Cruiser sells in minutes here in CO.

price reduced to $6000.

not seeing much interest (no one has even been out to look at it yet!).

yes it's high mileage, yes it's starting to show 14 years of Minnesota but mechanically it's sound... no leaks or fluid useage.

here's a link to my CL ad: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/4183698152.html

Thanks Tremek for your help...My daughter rides her horse in Parker every summer, beautiful spot.

Any other thoughts/input would also be appreciated.

-Woodyscout

I'm also in MN and feel your pain, had mine for sale for a while at the beginning of summer and got no bites. Just did a decent amount of work to it and am trying again to sell it.

For reference I paid 5200 for my 1999 with 300k last year. No rust but a few small dents and beat up bumpers. Also needed timing belt.

Thanks Jude, that's the kind of insight I was looking for...

price now lowered to $5200.

-Woodyscout

reduced to $5K.

-anyone have good/bad experiences selling on EBAY?

-what is the lowest you've seen a solid running, clean titled 100-series sell for?

-Woodyscout

Sending you a pm.

Please call me back. Thanks

Thanks. Mine!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom