98 4runner 4x4 with 312,000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
would you guys consider buying a 98 4runner 4x4 with 312,000 miels for $3,500? thanks

4 or 6cyl? I think it would depend on shape and maint items, but coud be in the ball park.

thats to high imo, id be trying to buy it for a quarter or less depending on what kind of shape its in

Glad to here they can go that far! Makes my 106,000mi seem like nothing.

it's a 6 cyclinder... the dealer said he's very aggressive with the price

I bought a 98 with 198k on the clock a couple of months ago for $3900. It has all of the maintenance records going back to the original owner, I'm the third owner. And the exterior and interior were in good to great shape. Some of the maintenance was timeing belt twice, ac compressor and other major things. I searched for a while before I came across the one I bought. Good luck.

What does aggressive with the price mean? That he won't go down?

If that's the case, tell him you're aggressive about finding a vehicle somewhere else :/

If it is on a dealer lot, you should run though KBB what the trade value is and offer that.

check out the nada site too- thats the site the banks use to determine value.. IMO thats high- these trucks are great and will run a long time- but that alot of miles.. take a good look at that motor- check for leaks etc- id be worried about the axles also. Personally I wouldnt buy it unless the paint and interior were perfect cause atleast then it would be worth to fix anything that went wrong.

My '98 SR5 4x4 is at 245K. It's been owned my me, then my dad and now me, again, since Y2K with 54,000 miles.

No expense spared on maintenance. Other than needing to order a new key (cut from VIN by Toyota), the truck is mechanically perfect. (Current keys are worn-down enough that it sometimes takes 2-3 minutes of massaging before the truck will start)

It is Anthracite, and clear-coat has failed on hood and roof...but otherwise looks great.

No lift, no bumpers, no locker. FJ Cruiser wheels with GY Wrangler Duratracs.

I'd be pretty pumped to get $4000 for it...that's why I'd never sell it.

Well, just saw one '98 locally going for $6000. This truck is super clean. Outside looks like new, and the only sore spots are two small holes in the back bumper corners. I was looking for a manual, but this rig is very clean, so I am considering it. It has 220 000kms on it.

That said, I have seen a few in the $3000 range...some rust, AC not working, 4x4 not working, one with a busted axle...one with an exhaust leak...almost all with rust on the back hatch. When you add it up, $6000 seem like a better deal all things considered...but it is an automatic :frown:

Well, just saw one '98 locally going for $6000. This truck is super clean. Outside looks like new, and the only sore spots are two small holes in the back bumper corners. I was looking for a manual, but this rig is very clean, so I am considering it. It has 220 000kms on it.

That said, I have seen a few in the $3000 range...some rust, AC not working, 4x4 not working, one with a busted axle...one with an exhaust leak...almost all with rust on the back hatch. When you add it up, $6000 seem like a better deal all things considered...but it is an automatic :frown:

Was just looking at Kijiji Calgary and saw this pretty low mileage 99, manual. 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 SUV - Calgary Cars For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

I've had two 4Runners and I would look at if I saw it on CL. If the Runners are taken care of all their lives, they will last that long, and hold value. If it was me buying it I would try to get you to lower your price a bit. You've sucked most of the life out of the rig. At that price I think your still trying to make a buck off it, and screw someone with an old worn out rig.

You should make the price more reasonable like $2800. I would assume that as a new owner i'd be putting close to a $1000 into it to get it back to good running and nice looking condition.

Good luck though. Bottom line- Your price is just a bit too high, and the miles are a bit to high for most people to actually consider and feel good about their purchase.

If it's in good condition buy it!Try to lower the price ofcourse but this is something we always do right:grinpimp:

I just bought a 99 4runner 3.4 5speed SR5 with 273000 miles.I have checked around a dozen before I bought this one,most had a lot less miles but this is the best one I found so far.Ofcourse this is a 1 owner dealer maintained car.I do not car about the age or the mileage of a car.Condition and appaerance are more important to me.

Grts

Joe

condition is obviously important but wear and tear is wear and tear, that's alot of wear and tear, if you could get it down some more than any risk would be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom