97 tacoma rear springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 97 tacoma is in need of new springs, but I am a broke college student. Could I just put add-a-leafs back there to stiffin them up a little and not make my rear end squat?

I had the same problem with my '99. I put some AALs on it but it still looked like a frown. I ended up putting a 5 leaf pack from Wheelers and love 'em.

What is this Wheeler's I keep reading about in the Tacoma section?

I did an aal and was VERY disappointed with the ride. X2 on Wheelers off road for rear leafs!

DevilDogCruiser said:
What is this Wheeler's I keep reading about in the Tacoma section?

Google Wheelers Offroad. It'll find it. I got OME coil springs, Wheelers leaf springs, and Bilsteins for a little over a grand to my door step. Call them to order and they have enough Toyota experience to help you get what you really want vs. what you think you need if you're unsure. Good customer service, too.

Found them last night! I wish I had that kind of money to spend on my truck but I don't, not anywhere even close to that. my budget for rear springs is about $250, plus i need new shocks all around. I hate being broke and in college.

Found them last night! I wish I had that kind of money to spend on my truck but I don't, not anywhere even close to that. my budget for rear springs is about $250, plus i need new shocks all around. I hate being broke and in college.

I did a zuk mod on my 94, which certainly helps with loads, especially when fully loaded and bombing around backroads. It's a ghetto mod, but it works great and it was less than $80. And it rides better.

1007598.jpg

The other thing to do would be to get some other Taco springs and mix and match to help weight issues. Cost of springs plus new ubolts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom