'97 LC 40th Anniversary in Tucson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had my dad look at this for me. Althought the pics look good, not good in real life. 10 footer, just what he said.

Ahhh....ok.. I apologize for the 10 footer, tells me I need to go look before I leap.. Sorry Guys. Maybe a Moab Runner??? just ideas.. I'll have to go see it. I personally don't like that lot even though that is where I got mine....it was very clean...I guess I lucked out

Just an experiance with that lot... I think I almost bought your green/tan cloth 80 a little over a year ago now from that lot. I drove it twice, loved the cloth tan interior, disliked (at the time) the greasy knuckles, and the northeast (slightly rusty underneath) history it had. After I walked away the guy (no names mentioned) who took my id down for the test drive called me every other day for about two weeks trying to continue to sell it to me, he even droped the price twice :eek:. I dont know why he tried to push it so much but those people and being right next to a collision repair shop just dont cut it for me.

Anyway, happy trails guys and good luck.

JP
It is the one you looked at. That is the time frame I got it. It did have one BIG issue, the knuckles. I fixed that one....whew.... The other issues were all maintenance type that just happen over time. Tires, starter, brake booster, brakes, and fluid changes and a tune-up. I have been cross country in it twice and it has never broke or let me down on any occasion. Luke I said....I lucked out.

The reason I got it was it was owned by an Air Force Col. It did have a North East history but only for one year. Then all the rest of it's life it has been in AZ. I also looked at certain items on the rig, it had OEM belts, hoses brake pads etc.....That guy only took it to the dealer for service.....that is what sold me the rig.

The lot....eh... we understand

I looked at one on the internet, the lot posted lots of pictures, more than usual, from all angles. It was just what I wanted, 94, locked, red exterior, gray interior, and it looked really good in the pics, did have some seat covers on it though, only around $8000 too. Higher miles, but it looked garage kept. Even called the lot, guy said it was pretty nice, everything worked, he was thinking of keeping it, etc...

Well finally got a chance to drive the 200 miles to see it. What a POS, third row seats were missing, drivers seat was really torn up, the headliner was filthy and torn up in the back, back seat had large area were a T-Rex must have chewed the leather off, then someone stiched it back together with dental floss. Smelled like vomit inside, and the antenna was broke off. Purred like a kitten though in the lot, didn't drive it though, should have but saw no use.

Sad the condition some of these are in, how these little lots try to pass them off as spectacular rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom