Builds 97 Landcruiser Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

P/S pump came today, going to try to install this weekend, maybe go play a bit. :steer:

PS Bumper is for sale.

Hey man that is some tube art for sure right there!

I can't really be critical as my skillz are not even close to this! But i don't like the bracing over the front seats.... maybe make them a tighter corner?....

I was wondering how in the heck you could still fit a winch in there even with the box remounted?! Maybe a few more pics of that please?

Also, i can't remember exactly, so do a search, but you can actuate the OEM Elocker with a 9V battery in an emergency. So there has to be a cheap on/off switch you could rig up.

I would make a rear bumper with some ass protection and side quarter protection. That thing will slide as you already know i'm sure.

Also, get an aussie locker for the rear. You will like it and it's cheap. Elocker front and good to go.

Awesome work though! Thanks for the pics

I think the front bracing will make more sense when we finally get the a pillar/roof sliders on.

I'll try to grab some more bumper pics.

I think I could break the aussie, very happy with the welded diff, honestly. Simple, strong, and cheap.

Now a fan!

Thanks! I wish I didnt have the worst case of toomany-project-itus, this thing woudl be done by now.

As for an update, I looked at the P/S pump and kicked dirt. Thats about it for the past week or so, but I did take some video for comparisons sake in anther thread so, I might as well post it here. I am still very happy with this exhaust work even after a few years of abuse, check out the custom rocker panels in the first video. :hillbilly:

YouTube - 97 Toyota Land Cruiser Exhaust

Bumper sold. Picked up a HF winch plate for $23.00 and going to buld off of that once its tucked in high and tight. Waaay better approach angle planned.

Front axle is for sale. Going to build a 9.5"/FZJ80 hybrid axle for it with a regular old lock-right or may just weld it and get hydro asst. I have everything to do it except the 5.29s to match the rear. And the fab skills..ha ha..gonna need some help there, but I have some really talented friends. :D

Axle:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts...k-miles-brand-new-5-29-gears.html#post6315299

Bumper sold. Picked up a HF winch plate for $23.00 and going to buld off of that once its tucked in high and tight. Waaay better approach angle planned.

Front axle is for sale. Going to build a 9.5"/FZJ80 hybrid axle for it with a regular old lock-right or may just weld it and get hydro asst. I have everything to do it except the 5.29s to match the rear. And the fab skills..ha ha..gonna need some help there, but I have some really talented friends. :D

Axle:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts...k-miles-brand-new-5-29-gears.html#post6315299

How are you planning on building the 9.5"? Starting with a FJ60 housing, stretching it and throwing on 80 knuckle balls or starting with a custom housing, such as a diamond?

How are you planning on building the 9.5"? Starting with a FJ60 housing, stretching it and throwing on 80 knuckle balls or starting with a custom housing, such as a diamond?

Gotta talk to the fabricator, but my idea is to use my old non-elocker axle(still have all but the diff) and just replace the center section with one from an old scrap FJ40 housing I have. Seems too easy, though...we'll see...I am buying an 85 4Runner from PJ at M&M offroad tonight, so he would be a good person to ask...:D

Obviously steering would have to be addressed, but there seems to be more options coming available for that.

Gotta talk to the fabricator, but my idea is to use my old non-elocker axle(still have all but the diff) and just replace the center section with one from an old scrap FJ40 housing I have. Seems too easy, though...we'll see...I am buying an 85 4Runner from PJ at M&M offroad tonight, so he would be a good person to ask...:D

Obviously steering would have to be addressed, but there seems to be more options coming available for that.

since you are over at M and Ms you might as well pick up a rear steer axle as well :D

since you are over at M and Ms you might as well pick up a rear steer axle as well :D

Well, PJ wasnt sure if the hybrid axle would be worth the trouble/expense for me, so I may just stick with what I got..or maybe 1 tons. :D who knows

Bad night.

Replaced PS pump, bleed system. Still no PS.

Replace box, bled system, nogo.

When replacing the pump, i added a transmission oil cooler I nabbed form another 80, and I used Royal Purple synthetic fluid.

WTF? If I had a freakin match...:mad:

For sale...Power steering not fixed. Cage will be finished ASAP.

Many reasons in addition to the frustration with the steering in clude: I NEED TO GO WHEELING! In my own rig. It has been 2plus years. I purchased a unmolested 84 SR5 Longbed and I am making a deal on a cage, gears, lockers, etc. as a package. To be completed and on the trail in T-3 weeks or less.

I am thinking in the 6.5K ballpark? Am I gonna have to part it out to get that? I know its got some dents, but the doors are going back on, the interior is very clean, the truck has been garaged almost as long as I have had it...4+ years IIRC

Its had every tire form the stock stock Michelins to 39XZL michelins and several swampers in between and the Aetna-cuts now. It spanked a pretty difficult trail at Windrock with the current set up before the P/S pump went bad. Will be sold with 315/75/16 Bfg Old School muds on 16x8 nice black rackcrawlers. No airbags.

I am currently exploring several options to fix the steering and will update as I make progress.

Last edited:
Oh, and the A/C still works awesome and both the heaters, etc. Its still a hell of a nice truck. My Luxo-Wheeler or the White Bus as my wheeling buddies call it.

Will definately trade for a 2 car trailer of some sort..gooseneck preferred....having buisness ideas and they require this cash and a bigger trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom