96 twin for my 94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a twin for my 94 at a Toyota stealer. It has 76k mi, same color but no lockers :'(
I opened the hood and it had a new intake chamber, I bet it had a EGR problem and the tech broke the chamber trying to get the EGR apart from the chamber, it look very $$ any way. It has a new water pump and the belts are rock hard (no give).I started it and the alt and tension pulley are shot from the belts being to tight, they made lots of niose.

I drove the 80 and when I gas on it, i get the HIGH PITCH WHISTLE. Now I know what others are talking about. The noise sounded to come from the front right part of the 80 per me and wife (she was in pass seat).

I told the salesdude that it is not worth more than $12k. He called me tonight and said $16k is a fair price. It will take $1000 to replace the damage that the belts did.$1000 for knuckle job and not having lockers should drop the price $3K to $4K, at least to me.

After getting into my 94, I was happy to have a great running 226k mi fzj80.

Go and test drive a 4sale 80 and you will love your ride all the more, even when the CE light is on :-\

kurt

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=4268;start=0#msg31637 date=1060665998]
Go and test drive a 4sale 80 and you will love your ride all the more, even when the CE light is on :-\
kurt
[/quote]

That bulb is easily removed... :D

Jeezz Kurt,

You can replace the modulator next time you open the hood to check the oil!!
It's about a 1/4 of a bannana job :D

I got home at 11pm and it was on my door step, to dark to install. I keep it warm all night :D
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom