Wanted 95-97 1FZ-FE engine used, rebuilt, new? :) reasonably priced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all - I need a replacement engine for my 97 FZJ80. I spun a rod bearing in mine and have big chunks of metal in the oil pan now. I'd like to get a low miles/rebuilt one for a low price (that's located next door to me and can be installed tomorrow while I'm wishing). If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of or have a line on one please let me know. Thanks.

Good Point. I'm in Oklahoma City, OK. I'm wavering between putting a used engine in and rebuilding the blown one or swapping to a V8. The prices on the used ones I've been able to find with any kind of trust in the usage have been ~$2500.

Hmmm.....

It's possible I may be able to offer some options, and I'm in Tulsa, so local.

Unsolicited advice:

*Tree Fiddys are for Chebbies.

*The only relatively local resource for 1FZ rebuilding is Robbie Antonson in Boulder, CO.

Don't believe me?

Ask @abrumley.

Last edited:
Good to see another local. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A swap will cost you a lot more than even rebuilding your own 1FZE which is expensive. I'd plan on at least 4k. If you buy a used engine do the pesky heater hose while it is out and replace the head gasket as preventative maintenance. If I were having one rebuilt I'd get in touch with Robbie Antonson you can find an email at www.tlca.org under tech editor or he goes by powderpig here. The cheapest thing to do is find a decent used engine and drop it in. I don't have any right now but when I do I sell them cheap. 500-1000 depending upon the mileage and how clean I think it is. You shouldn't have to spend more than $1500 for one even with really low miles. They aren't huge sellers and they are a PITA to ship.

Have provided your redneck, Texan counterpart's info, along with Robbie's, Dan's and Onur's to stickman.

Won't contest your figure on rebuild, but thinking a bit low.

I'd sing a happy song and dance a jig if that were what it cost to rebuild with OE parts at Robbie's, as it's a tad north of that amount.

Too bad that I just unloaded the LX I got from you, Eric.

Was a strong runner with only minor seeping at the arch, and would've been a good option for this.

I wish I had that LX back. That sale put me in a string of bad LC investments. That was a strong engine. And I could use the locked axles too.

LC Engineering sells a non-OEM rebuild kit I wouldn't hesitate to use, http://www.lceperformance.com/4-5L-1FZ-FE-1993-1997-Land-Cruiser-Master-Rebuild-p/1010080.htm. They are very well known for their mini truck engines. And they manufactured the 1FZE superchargers for awhile after Kazuma quit making them for TRD.

I think Robbie told me 4k but that was probably 5-6 years ago.

I don't think Jason (geogratis) at Cruiseryard has any 1FZEs available right now. He would definitely be closer for you.

I am sitting on a good condition 97 with 200K engine came out for a 1hd-fte. Ran great when pulled. I was thinking $900 for it would work. Shipping would probably be around the $200-$225 mark. Send me a message if you can't find anything else.

Thanks for the offer. I'll reach out if something more local doesn't work out.

Picture below ebay $3,100.00 and its rebuilt like new allot cheaper than paying to rebuild one or halfway build.

I just spent $3,200.00 to have oil pan leaks fixed, head gasket and timing chain, cylinder cover gasket, oil pump gasket, valve seals, new head bolts , new spark wires, new water pump, new radiator, and head leveled and cleaned with no valve adjust or head repair needed other than shaved and cleaned no bottom end work only gaskets done, all new top seals and gaskets and bottom seals and gaskets all at 273,000.miles
I could have just put a new rebuilt in and would have had everything like new for the same price I have been kicking myself in head since!

gg.jpg

I rebuilt a 1FZFE about 4 years ago. OEM parts and good machine work will cost you $3-4k alone. I wouldn’t imagine a rebuild for $3100 from someone that needs to include labor would have OEM components. I would stick with someone like Robbie on this engine to make sure it goes another couple hundred.

I'll have a good used long block pulled and available at the end of the week for $1000. In the Austin, TX area.

Arch
512-800-8869

I have a running, still in the rig, 1FZ-FE in Oregon. Not pulled yet, but that is the plan. I can get some video of it at least for you. nosguy at gmail . com. Let's talk and shoot me an offer.

Has ANyone on here ever bought one of these from JIS? Any reviews you could share?
I bought a 3.0 for my 91runner from JIS in June of last year. Drove it around El Paso / southern NM for about 500 miles lightly for 3 days, then drove 600 miles to Austin at 75mph a few days later. Then drove a 3500 pound trailer from Austin to El Paso at 75mph around Christmas and back. 6k miles on it so far no problems. Starts Everytime, no oil burning or dripping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom