'93 T-100 rust repair questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently was gifted a 93 T100 standard cab 4x4 long bed 5 speed. About 180,000 miles. The price came to a budget friendly zero dollars.
The truck runs great but needs a ton of things replaced that are starting to get worn out. The biggest issue is rust. The frame is great, however the rockers and cab corners are toast. Above the rear wheels are also gone. From what I can tell Toyota no longer manufactures replacement body panels. Do any other models crossover to be used with the T100. Maybe 4runner or the minitrucks? The older 4runner rockers look to be the exact same shape as on the T100.
I do not have the ability to fabricate these parts so if I can't source them then I'm likely gonna just sell the truck because the body shop pricing to repair the rust is absolutely massive.

Thanks for reading.

Any pictures of this rust? Depending on your intended use, you could just fill those areas with bondo and get OE paint and send it. I am not sure if other models of that era fit, my understanding is the T100 was a standalone platform with some interior parts interchanging. Does it have the 3.0 v6? If so, that is more of hte area of concern.

I can post pictures when I get time but the outer rockers are basically gone, like completely dissolved. The inners are fine. Cab corners are bad but maybe could be saved with fiberglass. It's odd, the frame is great on this truck, floors are fine, just the rockers, corners and above the rear wheels are bad. It has the 3.0, it drives great 180k miles. Leaks zero fluids anywhere. What's the deal with the 3.0 besides the head gasket?

Sorry just found this post. There are no matching parts at body level from any other Toyota. T100 were made by Hino Division of Toyota. You can call every body shop in your area and see if they have any stock left for parts you need or call all junkyards. Sorry for bad news on that. Their is facebook group for T100s and people have parts vehicles and you might gets some hits on their. Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom