93 Land Cruiser O2 sensor location...FYI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Even after replacing the sensors, you'll still need to clear the code from the ECM. All you need to do is remove the EFI fuse (15A) under the hood for at least 30 seconds.

@csanders Can you tell me steps to removing this EFI fuse (15A)? Do you remove this without truck on or off? Have key in 'ON' position? I 'just' replaced the EGR valve tonight and forgot to do the reset thing and the check engine light came back on. Is that going to be an issue? I still have one more O2 sensor to replace, but got the inner one done. I know that the check engine can be for anything, so I'm not worried as much about that, which I can check later. I just want to be able to follow the correct steps to clearing the code(s) from the ECM.

*NOTE: Removing the EGR valve, the two nuts on both sides come off fine, but the thread stems did not and interfered with taking it off. Needed an E7 External Torx socket to be able to remove the old EGR valve. Other than that, it was pretty simple.

Also, the EGR valve had this sensor that goes to a wire connector. That sensor was caked in black carbon. Cleaned that up real nice and put everything back in place.

Thanks in advance!

I'm also still waiting on parts for the EGR code. Hows the rust around your cats/O2 sensors? Any tricks for removing them when they're really rusty?

These are the steps from the FSM.

IMG_3518.JPG

Thank you sir! May I ask where you got your FSM? Which one do you have? Wondering if I can also acquire one for myself. :)

Ebay is probably going to be your best bet for a hardcopy version. I've also heard to avoid using the Haynes or Chilton manuals, so go for the OEM Toyota manuals. There are two books/volumes with about 1300 pages total. You could also try to find and download PDFs online but I prefer paper.

There are two books/volumes with about 1300 pages total.

FYI.... My FSM for the 94 model year version and assume the 93 being the same is one book/volume. There is also a separate much smaller page count Electrical Wiring Manual. Both manuals contain foldout wiring diagrams but the Electrical Wiring Manual has additional information.

Last edited:
FYI.... My FSM for the 94 model year version and assume the 93 being the same is one book/volume. There is also a separate much smaller page count Electrical Wiring Manual. Both manuals contain foldout wiring diagrams but the Electrical Wiring Manual has additional information.
Thank you Phil!

You're lucky to be out of the rust belt. My exhaust is fairly toast from rust and neglect. Having a 94, exhaust options are limited so I'm going to move to a 95-97 for availability.

You're lucky to be out of the rust belt. My exhaust is fairly toast from rust and neglect. Having a 94, exhaust options are limited so I'm going to move to a 95-97 for availability.
I wonder if they have a coating or something that can help with that? It's not like salty air from the ocean is new. :cool: I love my 93, even if CA sucks donkey balls for smog and overall taxation.😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom