93 FZJ80 low idle when warm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pismojim

the Dude abides...
Threads
Website
realcruiser.com
I thought the group might be able to help Rob since I couldn't. I've pointed him to this forum or Email him direct. Thanks, Jim.

He sent me this meassge:

hey i was wondering if maybe you can possibly help me out with a minor problem that my 93'fzj80 is giving me- you see whenever i start my cruiser up from a cold start up it is fine, but when it reaches normal driving temp, the rpms begin to drop between 400 and 600 rpm-the idle stays that low and the truck shakes lighty-this goes on for about 20 seconds max!-Then all of the sudden my cruiser stops shaking and the rpms go back to normal-between 600-700 rpms(as if it fixes its self).. the only other time it does this is when its warmed up, i turn it off for awhile(couple hours go by)and I start it up again-same little routine-idles bad for some seconds and back to normal-please help-you think maybe some type of sensor or something else is getting messed up-cruiser drives perfectly!! just little problem worries me. thanks for you time. Rob

I had the same thing on my 96. I cleaned the throttle body. A ton of black stuff came out. I started there since I've been running a K&N filter and read that these things let a boat load of crap into the engine. It's been fine for quite a while after the cleaning and new paper filter.

hey buddy did you take the throttle body out before cleaning it-how did you clean it-with what-i would imagine if you cleaned it while still attached to the intake, all the black "boat load of crap" most have got to the engine??--do you think the problem could be something else such as the idle speed control valve?

I basically removed the the intake hose from the air cleaner and sprayed in some carb cleaner and wiped it out with a shop towel. Kept the butterfly valve open to get in behind there. Not the best approach but got the job done. This was just recently and it's been pretty cold so just a quicky for now. I'm planning on a full indepth "freshening" of my motor and accessories in March so that's when the indepth T-Body removal will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom