91 cruiser brake line leaking issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to do my rear drum brakes for my 91 cruiser. When I got the one side off, I noticed that there was some seeping brake fluid on the brake cylinder. I pulled the cylinder off, and I replaced that. I put everything back together, and I was trying to perform a bleeding of the lines. I started with the back right,(which had the new cylinder), and I'm seeing a drip from where the brake line nut hist the cylinder. I'm wondering if there is anything I have to service on the end of the brake line,or is the line and nut just damaged, and I now have to consider changing the whole line(which would suck). It looks like the fluid is coming from the top of the nut(where the brake line comes in) rather than on the bottom where it compresses to the cylinder. Any thoughts on things I could try, or look at?

Sony,

My thinking is that the line is not centered on the opening. I'm gong to try centering it better, and see if it gets a better seal with the opening. It is hard to work in there, and know that it is centered.

i just realized that I may have put this in the wrong group. Is there a way to move it? Or just delete it? I don't see an option for that..so maybe something that the moderator has to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom