'91 Blend Door Linkage/Cable??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I've searched until I'm blue on this one.

I have a '91 that the Hot/Cold control never really worked "correct" on. Recently, I replaced the heater core and found the PO had JB Welded the old core as well as zip-tied the heater control cables in random ways to make the "blend door" control "work". I use the word "work" loosely here....

I'm wanting to replace this thing correctly, but I believe I'm missing some pieces. I have the "linkage" that connects the blend door(s) together, but I'm apparently missing the link that attaches to the cable then to the blend door linkage to make them move.

I have a '93 that I have referenced but it is electronically actuated with what Toyota refers to as a "servo motor" - so no help there.

I have not been able to find a schematic to reference to even get a part number or identify what I'm missing!

I'm looking to identify the linkage and source the piece(s) I'm missing. Any help is appreciated here!

Does this help at all?

1711131445772.png

Thanks for the diagram

Unfortunately this only shows the cables and HVAC control panel.

I’m needing the opposite end of the cable.

I snapped a couple pics.

And of course, in this far along before I realize something is missing…oof.

Disregard my makeshift machine screw and plastic bracket screwed into the cable. Thats a failed engineering attempt by me.

IMG_4578.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

I’m needing the opposite end of the cable.
That's going to be part of the HVAC control unit and blend doors. I would contact the used part dealers on classifieds forum and try to pick up the entire assembly as opposed to playing games with the one that has been hacked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom