8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nobody shares Super Secret. Ever. ;)
Hey guys

Does anyone have a gpx file for Super Secret?

We did clear lake to super secret the 1st day. I recorded the Clear Lake trail on Gaia but not super secret.

If anyone has it I’d appreciate the file as I have a friend headed out there this week.

Incedently ... anyone who needs a Gaia file for Black Bear, clear lake, Imogene and Ophir let me know and I’ll send mine to you

Thanks!

Hey guys

Does anyone have a gpx file for Super Secret?

We did clear lake to super secret the 1st day. I recorded the Clear Lake trail on Gaia but not super secret.

If anyone has it I’d appreciate the file as I have a friend headed out there this week.

Incedently ... anyone who needs a Gaia file for Black Bear, clear lake, Imogene and Ophir let me know and I’ll send mine to you

Thanks!

shoot me a PM. I got you

I told myself last year I was going to do it this year....... and now i'm telling myself the same thing.

I got to make this next year.

what a great time, and an epic trip! I long to be back in Silverton, it wasn't enough! I'm still coming through my pictures and everything people uploaded to Veri.

It was a great journey from Boston, with quite a bit of mileage logged! (including side-trips and post HiH adventures!)
IMG_1217.jpg

and now the reality of driving an gas hogging 100 : the fuel bill!
IMG_1223.jpg

Still worth it !!!!

I hear an FJC rolled at this same spot during FJSummit. Nice to have the heft of the 100 below us!
Yes they did, luckily it wasn’t too bad of a roll and they later got the truck back upright. Could’ve been much worse! I felt it was necessary to pick the video with the goat comparison, watch it till the end and you’ll understand (not my video):rofl:

One more Thanks!! to everyone and especially @paflytyer and @bluecruiser and all the support staff. Had an amazing time and already planning my vacation for next summer. Long trip from CA for my co-pilot and me but very much worth it.

So many GREAT pictures already but I'll contribute my own favs!

Salt Wash View Area in Utah:
20180712_074132.jpg

Small after trail trek on Sunday between Silverton and Ouray:
20180715_163636.jpg

Lake Como and the Polar Plunge from a distance (never mind the side-by-sides that arrived right as I got in position...):
20180714_120609.jpg

U.S. Geological Marker at the top of Imogene Pass - 13114 Ft - $250 Fine in 1927!!:
20180713_111122.jpg

Cheers,
rjones

One more Thanks!! to everyone and especially @paflytyer and @bluecruiser and all the support staff. Had an amazing time and already planning my vacation for next summer. Long trip from CA for my co-pilot and me but very much worth it.

So many GREAT pictures already but I'll contribute my own favs!

Salt Wash View Area in Utah:
View attachment 1752754

Small after trail trek on Sunday between Silverton and Ouray:
View attachment 1752755

Lake Como and the Polar Plunge from a distance (never mind the side-by-sides that arrived right as I got in position...):
View attachment 1752757

U.S. Geological Marker at the top of Imogene Pass - 13114 Ft - $250 Fine in 1927!!:
View attachment 1752761

Cheers,
rjones
man, where is that relative to the stick marker, wish I would have seen that!

Since we are all showing HIH8 battle scars.. all from Black Bear

View attachment 1745774

View attachment 1745776

Hey I saw your pic. My exhaust tip looked like for years until recently. Stan introduced me to a FANTASTIC catback exhaust that I bought and had installed. It runs super high up into the under carriage and worked FANTASTIC for me during my three weeks in the Ouray area. It not only sounds fantastic - it's nearly impossible to dent. You should check out the Dough Thorly catback exhaust. I think you would love it

I agree ^^^ that exhaust sounds amazing. I never thought about doing any exhaust work but now it’s seriously on my wish list.

I've been running the Doug Thorley headers & Stainless Steel Exhaust! It's enough of a tone give it some growl. But it's not so loud, that on the highway you want to put in ear plugs. It really is an amazing setup!

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

Hey I saw your pic. My exhaust tip looked like for years until recently. Stan introduced me to a FANTASTIC catback exhaust that I bought and had installed. It runs super high up into the under carriage and worked FANTASTIC for me during my three weeks in the Ouray area. It not only sounds fantastic - it's nearly impossible to dent. You should check out the Dough Thorly catback exhaust. I think you would love it

Nice! Do you happen to have the model #?

Regarding the Doug Thorley, I have the full setup, and cannot be happier. Great clearance, not loud at all, and fits well. One of the headers was a pain to put on, but I think thats just the truck, no fault of Doug Thorley.

Regarding the Doug Thorley, I have the full setup, and cannot be happier. Great clearance, not loud at all, and fits well. One of the headers was a pain to put on, but I think thats just the truck, no fault of Doug Thorley.

Yeah the driver's side header is a pain. Gotta disconnect the motor mount and lift the engine a tad to gain access between the steering column and engine. The bolts are a pain to get to with the tubes and brake lines in the way.

IMG_4825.jpg

I've been running the Doug Thorley headers & Stainless Steel Exhaust! It's enough of a tone give it some growl. But it's not so loud, that on the highway you want to put in ear plugs. It really is an amazing setup!

View attachment 1759029

View attachment 1759030
Yeah. I’ll be going this route before HIH9. I have a good excuse. It may be a small one but it’s still a good one;)

EB006AB4-3800-4AD5-8D35-A020C255996B.jpeg

Is anyone in the process of making some kind of HIH8 video? Saw a bunch of drones flying over the HQ campsite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom