890 series lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
okay i am sure this has been hashed to death on the 80s section but i am just too lazy to do a search.
i am sticking a little 2" lift on my HDJ81 today and i just want to ask, what do you boys in Oz (or anyone here in canada / us think of the ride and handling? first hand experience would be nice but secand is fine as well.
i want to end up with stable and low with good articulation. i have a set of 35s i will be sticking on it.

any advice or suggestions or experiences welcome...

thanks for the link,
not much at all on the 80 series 2-3" lift and results though.

Hi Wayne,

I installed the OME lift on mine. I got 2.5 inches on the front and 4 on the rear.

You have to raise the LSPV about .25 inch though or you will blow through pads like crazy.

I ran 33's on mine and loved it. Articulation was great and was a great ride. Don;t get the heavy duty unless there will be a big load in the truck all the time. The med duty had a rougher ride, but when moderately loaded (even with just 5 passengers) it was a great ride.

I didnt put the castor correction kit on - got lazy I guess. You can notice it though and I would probably put it on if I did it again. I suggest putting it on if you put 35's on it for sure.

Have fun! The complete spring and shock swap should only take you a couple of hours.

Regards

I have driven a truck with it, simply it works better on and off road. Not near the body roll with a firmer ride, makes it a little more nimble.

In parking lots speed bumps are not noticeable at all.

If you go heavey springs all the way around you must be planning a fair bit of heavey bolt on items otherwise in stock fashion the medium springs work best IMO.

Rob

med duty rear but was talked into the heavy for the front, are you boys saying, since i alreay have the factory winch up front, that i shoudl have gone witht he med up front?
it is good to hear i will be happy with this in terms of roadability.
cheers and thanks for the feed back...

"They" say that you need heavy duty if you have an ARB bullbar and a winch. Just a winch I doubt it - but you go the heavy so let us know what you think.

Regards

wayner

you won't fit 35's on an 80 w/o rubbing if you just go w/ the 2.5" lift...been there, tried that. At minimum you need the J springs and L shocks. I wouldnt run anything bigger than 33's if all you want to do is shocks & springs....going to 35's open's up a whole can o worms....higher lift = steering issues that are expensive to properly correct (panhards, ext control arms, driveshaft vibration etc).

Venture over to the 80 list....bet you'll hear the same:grinpimp:

cheers

nah, i looked at it today and i have 33s on it now with no lift so i might just return the kit and stay stock, i like the elec adj shocks anyway...

there goes my MIBS syndromn down the drain...
cheers and thanks for the input guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom