'85 mini truck for trail use only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, you all can stop trying to figure me out;p
Not that you were anyway but sometimes I don't even know what's next!

I decided to sell my 37's to a good buddy and picked up this interesting concoction for 700$ 20 miles away from my house. Here's the skinny:

85' SWB single cab non SR5 model
No rust on the frame or cab, 83K original miles
Bench seat, nice interior, two sets of doors, good hood, comes with grill, bumper, etc. no bed
Trailmaster spring lift and shocks
Dual shock mounts on the rear
small block 350 in it that has new 202 heads with stainless springs maybe 20 mins of run time, edlebrock carb and intake, headers
tranny is an auto TH350 w/shift kit
stock minitruck T-case

I'll have some worn 35's to put under it, not sure if I'll keep the motor but we'll see... sounds like a birf breaker:D
Maybe weld the rear diff and call it good for now.
It will get a flat bed and exo more that likely....

I would like to flat tow it behind my wife's '04 4runner to and from the trails:popcorn:

85mini.jpg

This essentially means I am going to park the 45 in the garage in semiretirement mode. I can then clean it up and recondition it as I have time while driving it around town and maybe stocker type wheeling:beer:

Cheers to not beating the 45 and hooray for beating the mintruck:lol:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Methinks this is a good thing. Because i'm sure you'd end up beating on the 45 much harder than you'd ever originally intend to . . .

And minitrucks are a dime a dozen! Comparatively speaking, any way.

Back to blacks. . . :grinpimp:

I saw that truck over on Paragon's site, it took for ever for that thing to go, good job on picking it up. Now if I were you I would work any bugs out of it and then run a dual transfer case setup and run 23 spline inputs to keep from breaking them with the V8 and weld the diffs :D

I was thinking the same thing for the exo and flat bed : )

John, I would trade the lockright 3rd for the aussie in the rear of the 45 if Dom needs it....

that's a possibility, ill have to wait and see if dom can come up with the $$ to pay me though;p

I saw that truck over on Paragon's site, it took for ever for that thing to go, good job on picking it up. Now if I were you I would work any bugs out of it and then run a dual transfer case setup and run 23 spline inputs to keep from breaking them with the V8 and weld the diffs :D

I was thinking just drop in 4 to1 gear in the t-case...... with the auto I should be all good. thoughts?

Did anyone notice the pimp paint on the doors????? Hilarious~!

And if you see the door glass, it has an etching or blasting of a cartoon bionic robot monster in the corner..... too cool : )

Happy :Dto see that the 45 will be a resto...This pup has your name written all over it and it was only 20 min's away:beer::beer: ...can the bionic cartoon be our mascot:lol:

4.7 case with an auto trans and 35's should be pretty sweet. My 4.7is just low enough with my stick and 33's, but your auto gives you more play. The 350 sounds like muderous overkill, though.

Just for the record, I like murderous overkill.

I was thinking just drop in 4 to1 gear in the t-case...... with the auto I should be all good. thoughts?

That would work too, I am used to Tacoma stuff, we can;t re-gear out chain drive cases :D Anyways, that would be pretty good like Sean said, I would go with a 23 spline setup just to be safe with that V8.

4.7 case with an auto trans and 35's should be pretty sweet. My 4.7is just low enough with my stick and 33's, but your auto gives you more play. The 350 sounds like muderous overkill, though.

Just for the record, I like murderous overkill.

overkill is always good;p

some pics....

Got the SWB mintruck to the house recently.... grooved the worn 35" Generic Mudders so they have a little more life....
stuff00001.jpg

Check out the etching.... so wierd I can't seem to get over it:lol: at least it came with another set of doors that match the red paint (which is actually nice:eek: for the moment:beer:)

stuff00002.jpg

The etching is ridiculous. Those doors make me want to flop it hard on both sides.:lol:

the etching looks like an Orc from Dork. it needs some death metal playing in the background.

just invested in my future...

The following is on the way to my place:cool:

30 spline Longfield birfs and inners
Chromo hub gears X2

Marlin Hysteer Kit, FJ-80 ends, DOM rods, and arms
4.7 - 1 Marlin drop in gears for the t-case
IFS P/S box mounting plate

Propane kit for the 350 from propane guy out of Canada

more to come:D

:bounce::bounce2:

The 45 is now Bob's... living in VA!

My head is spinning...:confused::confused:
It's tough to keep up with the comings and goings...:banana::popcorn::banana::popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom