85 BJ70 Temperature Control lever question

Discussion in '70-Series Tech' started by bj70alex, Nov 13, 2005.

1. bj70alex

bj70alex

Hope a simple question. I had a problem with the tape player and had to remove it. After I removed it, noticed that cable (black) is not connected to temperature control lever and looks like the end is broken, and it pulled all the way to the left and when I slide the temp. control back and forth, the cable doesn't move. Does the cable should be connected to the temp. control lever?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. mk1pickle

mk1pickle

there is a control wire connected to the temperature (hot/cold) slider. this wire travels in its cover to the firewall where there is a valve wich controls the hot coolant entering the heater core. if the control is not connected then this valve will not move.. usually the control cable will be simply clipped into the temp selection lever... hopefully it is not broken..

3. bj70alex

bj70alex

Looks like a small part of the control wire where it connects to the temperature (hot/cold) slider is missing and even if I pull it with pliers, still can't reach the slider. What would be my options, replacing it (how difficult) or extend it somehow?

Thanks,
    Alex

4. Greg_B

Greg_B

If you don't find a simple solution, snap a pic pointing to the problem, and send it to Sheldon at info@gscruiserparts.com requesting a quote. I know we just sold one assembly, and am not sure we have another...if this is what I think you mean. Sheldon will know for sure.

hth's

gb

5. bj70alex

bj70alex

Greg,

I will email Sheldon, but I don't think I need a complete assembly, just a cable.
    Maybe someone will make some suggestions as far as fixing (extending the cable so it can be connected to (hot/cold) slider.

Thanks,
    Alex

6. Greg_B

Greg_B

My bad. I thought one of the levers that the cable attached to was broken.

gb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.