80s 4.2TD 1HD FT 24V NO POWER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
??? My 4.2td 24v engine is gutless, below 2000 rpm.
If you let turbo slow at all, it will not pick up revs again, you have to change down and rev it again.
Please help

regards Ian

Ian,

You may get lucky here but be warned we are mostly north americans petrol head 80s here and can only drool at a turbo diesel option that Toyota did not deem us worthy to receive. Plus we don't get manuals trannies either so we can't even relate very well to shifting down.

We wish you and your adjustable angle headlighted, ambulance doored, in dash cup holdered, dual fuel tanked altimeter toting machine well (thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's options :-X).

I would try the 80scool discussion group on yahoo which has many international members

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/80scool/

gutless compared to a non-turbo-ed diesel and a petrol maybe, but it sounds about right if your not used to it. I have a non turbo 3litre 4cyl, and when I drive dads 100. with the 1HD-FTE 4.2TD 24v i managed to stall the bastard several times at lights. But when it gets above that 1800mark to 3400rpm it flies like no car i've been in b4.

the reason its gutless at low revs is because of that dirty big impellor blocking both airflow and exhaust. Unless you add a supercharger, there is nothing you can really do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom