80 Series Land Cruiser - Scale Model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm sitting in front of my computer - bored because the weather sucks today. Came across a Tamiya model kit for our 80 Series Land Cruiser, and thought I'd pass it along. As I mod my 1996 I can do the same for the model. Hmmm -- how to scale down a CB antenna.

Nice thing about the kit - you will NEVER have to rebuild the birfs!

Tamiya 1:24 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 w/ Sports Options Plastic Model Kit TAM24122

s-l1600.jpg

:steer:

Very cool, I may have to give that a try. Didn't know this one was out there.

Very cool, I may have to give that a try. Didn't know this one was out there.

There's also the VX model. Amazing what a bored guy will find when he's not wrenching on his LC right?

:clap:

LOL. My brother was showing me these bass fisherman in Japan with their Land Cruiser club. One guy had his 70 series with about 8 or 9 different scale models of his same exact truck stacked on top of each other. I'll try to find the pictures. I guess you have plenty of time to build that many scale models when they don't really break their trucks.

So lifelike. Stinkbug and all! :)

I don't know why I'm considering buying this but I probably will. I still have the plain one in the box from two years ago. I'd love to R/C one of them but have no experience and even less of a budget. :crybaby:

I think this definitely qualifies as something we didn't know we needed, so why isn't it on Joey's website? Paging @NLXTACY

Probably because it's not a Lexus model. :flipoff2:

that one is cool, it gives you several options.
you can build the modified version or stock.
so you could start off as stock, then add the bumper, and later the tires then the lift.....
i think you can do left or right drive as well.
problem is it's not correct for the us market...it's got a diesel, manual transmission and part time 4wd.
it even as real springs so it flexes.

Last edited:
that one is cool, it gives you several options.
you can build the modified version or stock.
so you could start off as stock, then add the bumper, and later the tires then the lift.....
i think you can do left or right drive as well.
problem is it's not correct for the us market...it's got a diesel, manual transmission and part time 4wd.

Well obviously it's a diesel. Can you imagine changing a PHH that small? :eek:

Well obviously it's a diesel. Can you imagine changing a PHH that small? :eek:

jeeze, just put the work around kit on it, before you even glue the body to the frame,i mean really....

SNIP

Works for me. If I had the ability to option is as I please, that's EXACTLY the way I'd order it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom