80 series door lock actuator fix the easy way for the noob. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
80 series door lock actuator fix the easy way for the noob. / i didn't find any good info on this and the one video i did find i thought sucked because it left out steps.
also i accidentally ordered left side actuator instead of right side somehow (or they mixed up) so i had done extra time and opened the lock mechanism thinking to clean it but i never did get it back properly together. so i don't recommend opening the door lock.
anyway this is easy if you have steps.
on or more of the three bolts could be seized do the video i did find suggested driving a bit into it with a hammer and using a wrench to remove it. this is actually great advice.
anyway once bolts are off swing the closest grommet up and out of the way (unlatch it basically). this is the rod for the lock so open the lock manually to get room and pull it out from inside so it hangs outside.
do same with next rod at interior door handle. pull door handle and get it out from inside.
now do same for the rod at the exterior door handle.
fish the lock mechanism and the actuator down through the well after disconnecting the harness.
you can re-attach the window controls to the harness after pulling the panel and just leave it hanging inside the door panel in case you need to operate the window (like if it's your daily or you need to access something through the window because you screwed up the lock mechanism and you can't open it).
anyway remove two bolts at a actuator and put on new actuator.
at this point make sure to point rod in upright position. if you insert it when this rod is facing down you will have to pull it out again.
loose fit bolts and reinsert rods as above but starting from back.

IMG_4649.jpeg

IMG_4650.jpeg

IMG_4651.jpeg

IMG_4652.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom