80 Series Ceiling Storage Bracket (CSB) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swankstar

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy all. Posted a thread over in the 80 Series Tech forum detailing how I made a set of ceiling brackets for the back of my FJ80. I had found a stainless steel kitchen shelf that was about 4 feet long (47-3/4 long, 18 deep, and 1-1/4 high to be exact) and would fit perfectly between the rear handles. I pulled those off since my rig didn't come with back seats anyway. These are designed around any kind of shelf though, and I am considering making a complete one piece shelf if there is interest in that. Until then, if you can find a SS kitchen shelf, or a piece of plywood, you can attach it to these brackets with ease.

As soon as I posted my original "build" thread, a couple folks asked "how much for a set", so I had some laser cut and test powder coated. Going to try this out. Open to feedback for sure.

I will sell one set (two brackets, raw steel) for 28.50, with a +16.50 charge for powder coat. At that charge for powder coat, there will be no choice in color, it will just be semi-gloss black like the lower one in the last picture. All tray mounting hardware is included, installing the bracket to truck is taken care of with the handle bolts you remove before putting this in.

The original install can be seen here: Quick interior overhead rack project

This is what they look like installed (please keep in mind these are the plasma cut ones I did for myself, the nicer laser cut ones are below):

IMG_1268.jpg

This is what you end up with when using these brackets:

IMG_1266.jpg

These are the finished product!

IMG_1335.jpg

Last edited:
Had a question about what size hardware these use, edited OP to make sure it was clear the hardware is included. Also added dimensions for the tray that I used in mine. I assume it to be a standard size, but you could easily cut a sheet of plywood to those dimensions and get the same result.

Definitely interested in a set, but have to wait until next payday!

Last edited:
interested in a set
I have them sitting on the shelf ready to ship, so just let me know when you're ready. I'll need an address to get a shipping quote (usually around $8).

Interested!!

Nope. When can I order?

Nope. When can I order?
Anytime you want! You want plain steel? What year is your rig? If you have the later model headliner, this run doesn't fit perfectly, but does work just fine. I will post a pic shortly. You can can Paypal dave at gsellc dot us with your address, 28.50+8.50 for shipping FedEx Express (37.00 total). For whatever reason, express is cheaper than ground most of the time since they fit in an Express envelope.

They look good. and good idea on selling the brackets as I think other attic racks are sold as a set. I used the same shelf on the attic rack I made.

Might be a little involved, as based on measurements, a standard ceiling rack mounted over the middle row only offers 2-3" of space. The ideal way (in my opinion) would be a permanent bracket that is bolted where the grab handles are. then a separate 6-8" drop-down adapter that fits the shelving you used, and bolts to the grab handle bracket. this way the drop-down and shelf can be removed for DD, but for road trips would be installed and used with 6-8" (maybe more) of storage. in total i would envision your product being the 2 grab-handle brackets and 2 drop-down brackets. Again, this is solely an opinion of my own. Not trying to dictate what direction you would want to take it. and there may be better options I have not thought of. I unfortunately lack the time right now in life to tackle this project.

Edit: another easy way of making this happen would be make the bracket and drop-down one piece. then the whole bracket just unbolts from the grab handle bolts.

Last edited:
Howdy folks, only one set left of the first batch. Also, recently set up a vendor account for Delta Vehicle Systems. Keep a lookout for more products from that account!

Thanks to everybody who purchased a set, and I hope you all are happy with them. If not, please let me know so I can improve the design in the next batch (one thing that will happen is slotted holes for mounting to better account for vehicle to vehicle variance).

Just a quick update, these will now be handled and available via user @Delta VS and their website http://deltavs . com. Thanks to everybody who has purchased a set and I hope you are enjoying them thoroughly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom