80-series Bumper Mount Tire Carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is official, I will be attempting to add a hi-lift mount to the carrier. My criteria for success is the ability to incorporate a carrier while still holding a 33-35" tire.

Update down the road!:wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

Any word on this?

Well, actually, Yes. I produced 5 carriers for sale, three with the hitch mount, two without. I just finished shipping them on Friday. The project went well, I think, but I will leave that up to the fine patient gentlemen that bought them to determine when they install them. All carriers went out with improvements from the original including some minor additional gusseting, 2K lb latches and very nice hardened steel spring pop pins for locking the carrier open.

I will admit that I bit off a little more that I could chew with this project, and it took about a month longer to complete than I anticipated - many more man hours than I thought. My :princess: was very patient with me while having to take care of the three kids including our newborn while I cut, welded and grinded away.

I am glad I did not overestimate my abilities and take more than 5 orders, for I don't intend to build any more in the near future unless I get fired from my current regional sales job. With shop business hours and a little more equipment, I could become more efficient, but working in 2-3 hour stints and cleaning up to take care of the kids, it went slow.

I will post up some pics of the upgrades and process when I can in the next couple of days.

David, James, Doug, Brad, and Austin, you were all very supportive and patient with me. Thank you. I very much appreciate the opportunity to build these for you. I only wish I could actually keep the money to put into my truck, but the deal was that I get shop time, and the :princess: takes the cash for the household... Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

-Flank.

These are great! If you ever changed your mind about making more I would be in for sure. :D

Guess I should know better than to ask a question that has an answer I might not like to hear!
Please keep me on the list if you want to make more.

Same here Flank, keep me on the list if you change your mind. :crybaby: Or if you could PM the specs my brother does a little welding and it would be fun to try and build something.:idea: Great design and idea thanks for the update.

i would like to see the tire carrier in person if i could.. it would be the perfect solution for me. you dont have to build it for me but would like to try and build on for my self if you would not mind me using yours as a guide...

Damaged - it would be my pleasure. Happy to meet up with a vegas boy. PM me, we'll figure it out.

Flank, I really like your design as well. If you had a competent fabrication shop nearby, you could farm out the work and price occordingly. (hint, hint) I know that a number of companys here on Mud and other sites have fab. shops weld up their designs.
I would also be in line if you came up with another batch. Even if it was a DIY kit, it would be awsome.

TK

Actually... I made some preliminary calls today. We'll see...

For now, here are some pics of the upgrades for the carriers I shipped this last week.
DSCF7212.jpg
DSCF7214.jpg
DSCF7222.jpg

First pic shows my 305 on while testing fit for a jack.
Others are proof that I did it...
photo.jpg
DSCF7225.jpg
DSCF7226.jpg

Sorry, but this is getting too far back in the page count for my comfort. What happened with the preliminary fab shop calls?

If you struck a deal, I'll take one.

Flank,

"IF" you were to produce more of them, will the price be the same as before???

I'm working in Vegas and I would love to see how it looks in person.

Not to mention meeting any cruiserheads. ;)

Sorry, but this is getting too far back in the page count for my comfort. What happened with the preliminary fab shop calls?

If you struck a deal, I'll take one.

As with all preliminary calls made on a holiday week, three calls to three shops have been unreturned. Shops must have too much work for their own good. Will keep trying tomorrow.

Flank,

"IF" you were to produce more of them, will the price be the same as before???

I'm working in Vegas and I would love to see how it looks in person.

Not to mention meeting any cruiserheads. ;)
Mot, if you're in Vegas, Id be happy to meet up with you and show you. I only have my lowly original, I got a bit jealous after I made the other 5... PM me your contact info.

Last edited:
subscribed, very interested in this design.

Flank,

Great!

I'm in Utah for the rest of the week, but will be back in Vegas next week again.

I'll PM you and let you know what my schedule is like and see if you might be able to fit me in sometime before the month is over.

Thanks!

Mot

Flank,

You rock! I just back back from vacation and opened the box. Very Nice Work!! i have yet to bolt it on as i'm dropping it at the powder coater tomorrow but ill be sure to post pics asap!

I would definitely be on the order list if there is ever a new batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom